.22 reloader

Price is way outa sight. They should at least wait until double digit inflation really hits. Then it won't seem so bad a price.

Also, cast lead bullets moving at super sonic speeds will lead the heck outa your barrel in short order unless you can find a 

recipe for lube that will stop it. Very hard to do at those 25 gr bullet speeds.

Otherwise, it's cool.

Price is way outa sight. They should at least wait until double digit inflation really hits. Then it won't seem so bad a price.

Also, cast lead bullets moving at super sonic speeds will lead the heck outa your barrel in short order unless you can find a 

recipe for lube that will stop it. Very hard to do at those 25 gr bullet speeds.

Otherwise, it's cool.

or use a harder alloy.  agreed, it will take some doing whatever you try. 

I would buy one if it made like 10 at a time with the mold, but one or two at a go is too slow.  And it was very vague about where one gets primer compound, unless that is readily available (is it not a fairly serious explosive? I don't know a thing about it, except that it has lead in it?)

In the video he's using caps and/or strike anywhere matches for his priming compound.and using acetone and/or water to form it...very tedious and slow process...buy interesting info nonetheless.

I too would like to see a mold that drops several bullets of the same weight at a time. His mold drops 2 different weight bullets.IIRC 38 gr and 25 gr.

I wonder how powder coating .22 cal rimfire bullets would work for increased velocities? I guess a lot would depend on barrel size and whether or not you have a sizing mold...

Oh yeah...he's using blackpower in the vid but insinuated smokeless powders would work.

...very tedious and slow process...buy interesting info nonetheless.

Yes, VERY Slow process.  Even at the rate of finding 2-3 bricks a month at a decent price is probably faster to hunt 22 than it is to roll your own.

[quote name="nightrunner" post="1171065" timestamp="1406066496"]This could be VERY useful if SHTF[/quote] If SHTF I will be using and reloading something way more powerful than the dinky .22lr. Heck you can reload .22 hornet fairly cheap and pack a good punch. Either way it is a neat idea.

I met a machinist mate on board  ship that had more time on his hands than he could stand. He would reload 22"s from the equipment he made. He started with a piece that he drove down in the case to remove the indent made from firing the cartridge the first time. After resizing he had something he spun the case with as he put a drop of priming mixture in the case. This forced it into the rim. The rest was as we would do while loading center fire cartridges. It was slicker than a minnows "you know what". But it filled his off time. 

The one thing that I remember well was that he used Bullseye  powder. I remember that because that was what I was using at the time for 38sp.