I'm a bit of a 10/22 fan as well

Capbyrd

I've run through several in my days and always enjoy the different configurations one can come up with.  However, I hadn't tried a bullpup stock.  Most don't appeal to me but one kinda did.  The High Tower Armory 90/22 kit really caught my eye.  So I had this 10/22 I had recently picked up for a song and I ordered the HTA kit for it.  The kit arrived in about 2 days and took my time putting it together.  I really wanted to study how everything was fitting together.  I think this is a great kit and I really enjoy this setup.  

IMG_4335_zps3db6cc53.jpg

IMG_4336_zpsd53e2236.jpg

IMG_4486_zpsf09d8021.jpg

I also have a GSG5PK that I SBR'd.  Here are a couple of comparison pics of the two.  Really almost makes me regret the price of the stamp when you compare the sizes.  

IMG_4352_zps632efa2d.jpg

IMG_4351_zps405cbebe.jpg

The trigger isn't perfect.  Out of the box, it has a lot of take-up.  Its not too heavy but you can tell that it is a linkage system.  I wrapped the end of the bar with gorilla tape to take up some of that space but thats temporary.  I'm planning on putting a different trigger in this gun and then working from there.  I will either add a set screw to the trigger blade to take up the slack or do some fabricating on the rod.  I also want to experiment and see if I can get the rod to move a bit more freely in the stock.  Not sure how but trial and error usually works for me.  

I have a current production mag release in this gun as well as a VQ auto bolt release.  The bolt release is a pain because of how deep you have to reach into the gun.  The Mag release isn't a huge deal.  Although HTA sells versions of both parts that come down to the edge of the magwell and make manipulation much easier.  I've put that off for now.  

The last complaint is that the charging handle is a bit difficult to manipulate.  You can still use the factory Ruger handle just fine.  But the ambi P90 style handle is also functional, and nice when shouldered.  However, it only sticks out about a quarter inch past the fake mag up top.  They sell extended controls but before I bought them, I wanted to try it as is.  The extended controls are necessary.  I may take a piece of steel to a machinist friend and see if we can just make our own.  

Overall though, this is a really fun little platform and as close as I will ever get to a P90.  

Down the road, I think I want to throw an integral barrel in it.  

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes sir it will.  I only own a really really really old one.  but it will take any of the ones currently on the market.  With most of my 10/22s I just use 10 rounders but this actually calls for a little more capacity.