has anyone saw the prices on nagant revolvers..........

I guess everything imported from Russia, especially weapons will go up in price somewhat. My nefew has 2 Nagant revolvers, funny thing about the Nagant revolver is it fires a ballistically "pathetic" cartridge if I remember reading right, even with the gas sealing cylinder. Not much better than the .32 S&W long I believe. They are however a neat design and fun to plink/shoot, a novility gun that used to be cheap.

Got this off Wikipedia site.

23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.pngItaly - Fiocchi manufactures cartridges in this chambering; they fire 6.4 g (98 gr) FMJ bullets at about 260 m/s (850 ft/s), which works out to an energy of 213 J (157 ft·lbf)—comparable to a .32 ACP semi-automatic.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 2

It has nothing to do with this new panic. No vendor in a long while has had them.

This.  The last shipments I remember being offered sold out around the time of the SH shootings.  It's the nature of surplus, the prices are held to artificially low pricepoints while the supplies are still coming in, once those weapons (and ammo) are only available of the secondary market, prices begin to rise.

They're fun to shoot though and actually pretty accurate.  The Fiocchi and PPU ammo is really weak though compared to the surplus stuff.  I have some Russian loaded ammo and compared it to the PPU and it's night and day.

There is a cylinder you can get for them that is chambered in, I believe .32 long.

There is a cylinder you can get for them that is chambered in, I believe .32 long.

Or just shoot it out of the normal cylinder.  $75 isn't bad considering what the ammo costs.  I don't shoot mine that much in reality.  Shot it for the first time in about a year on Sunday.

Or just shoot it out of the normal cylinder.  $75 isn't bad considering what the ammo costs.  I don't shoot mine that much in reality.  Shot it for the first time in about a year on Sunday.

I did read that  a .32s brass will buldge if shot from the original cylinder but the gun will handle it.

If you really like shooting it I guess $75 is worth the investment, it does give you an alternative if the original ammo gets too expensive or hard to find.

Some years back my best friend gave me a Nagant as a Christmas present. It came with the holster, lanyard and tool kit. I believe he gave around $65 for the whole set. The ammo was extremely hard to find at that time. So I spent $25 for a .32acp cylinder. 

The last gun show we went to we saw them priced at $250 for just the revolver.  :screwy:

On the bright side, ammo is much easier to find these days.  :up:

Some years back my best friend gave me a Nagant as a Christmas present. It came with the holster, lanyard and tool kit. I believe he gave around $65 for the whole set. The ammo was extremely hard to find at that time. So I spent $25 for a .32acp cylinder. 

The last gun show we went to we saw them priced at $250 for just the revolver.  :screwy:

On the bright side, ammo is much easier to find these days.  :up:

Good that you got yours when they were cheap, well free to you I guess :)

Anyway I was wondering how the .32 acp rimless cartridge works in the cylinder, especially since the Nagant has to be loaded and unloaded like a single action pistol through the loading gate.

I'll let you in on a little secret I've learned about milsurps. When they are widely available, they are dirt cheap and everybody tends to think they will always be that way. The supply of them eventually dries up, and prices skyrocket accordingly. I don't think you can point to a single instance to refute this.

The moral of the story: If you think you might want one, and it is available, buy it NOW!

• Like 1

I never wanted one, I just remember them being really cheap back when I first got my 03 FFL. I have a guy I've purchased a couple of C&R weapons from on gunbroker and noticed this last set of firearms he listed had a nagant revolver. It had been listed for just 8hrs or so and had already topped the $200 mark....................... on the same note, my first purchase with my 03 was a mosin nagant hex and had it at the house for $119 now the round ones start at $129.............oh how I long for the good ole days :)

Anyway I was wondering how the .32 acp rimless cartridge works in the cylinder, especially since the Nagant has to be loaded and unloaded like a single action pistol through the loading gate.

They just cut the cylinder so that the .32 cartridge headspaces on the case mouth same as in an auto pistol. Works great.

They just cut the cylinder so that the .32 cartridge headspaces on the case mouth same as in an auto pistol. Works great.

Thinking about it it might work better than a revolver with a swing out cylinder and hand ejector. Those have to be modified to eject.