Here's an idea about Colorado

Ok, I was thinking.  Colorado passed a law at the state level that gives its residents the ability to purchase, use and possess weed, right?  The feds said....."mmmmm we will not mess with you guys on this" (basically).

Here's my thought.  Why can't TN pass a similar law just like that but instead replace weed with full auto machine gun?  As long as we buy it here and it's made here and stays here, the feds can't do anything about it.

I'm asking for too much aren't I?

Why not both? Could care less for the cannabis, but at least let us make SBR's without a "year" wait. Full auto would be fun, but I DONT want to see my bank statement after I fire my PTR or FAL on full auto.  

Pretty sure we DO have something like that in TN. Doesn't matter, the reason legal pot works is because pot heads continue to call the governments bluff and have been doing so since 1996 when Ca passed the first medical pot laws. Gun owners being primarily law abiding don't do this.
  • Like 1

Pretty sure we DO have something like that in TN. Doesn't matter, the reason legal pot works is because pot heads continue to call the governments bluff and have been doing so since 1996 when Ca passed the first medical pot laws. Gun owners being primarily law abiding don't do this.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

:dirty:

The .gov can sense the prevailing winds on this.  Smoking weed is loosing its stigma as a trend nationwide.  Even those who don't care for it are adopting a live and let live mentality regarding it.  NFA items aren't there yet. 

Next, you get into the revenue aspect of things.  Weed wasn't bring in one cent for local, state or the federal governments as a prohibited substance; that's beginning to change and will be a big factor in keeping it legal where it is now and expanding its legality where it currently isn't.  Take away NFA restrictions and those checks of $200 a pop stop going directly to the ATF coffers.  It's not an insignificant amount when you do the math.

As far as the general consensus around NFA items go (we're not part of "general consensus"), SBR's would be the first to come of the NFA list.  There is growing acceptance of them as casual sport shooting with them and more companies are selling short barrels that function well at affordable prices.  Not all states with NFA restrictions prohibit them. 

Suppressors (which are still popularly called silencers to show you how far the needle has moved on that one) and automatic weapons will be harder to get, with full auto being the hardest.  Even I have reservations about making automatic street legal.  I'd want a sunset provision when allowing full auto to see how it goes and bring up the debate again later, but would vote to allow it on general principle.

I might be out of touch, but the prices I have seen on the state legal weed out west is far higher then any street prices I heard about.  (I never brought any but high school kids could get it cheap, maybe because it was grown local)

• Like 1

I might be out of touch, but the prices I have seen on the state legal weed out west is far higher then any street prices I heard about.  (I never brought any but high school kids could get it cheap, maybe because it was grown local)

Market adjustment.

I might be out of touch, but the prices I have seen on the state legal weed out west is far higher then any street prices I heard about. (I never brought any but high school kids could get it cheap, maybe because it was grown local)

It's probably like shine, it's over 10 bucks a bottle now, used to be what, 2.00?
Gov gets involved, prices skyrocket and people get jobs with a retirement plan:/ Edited by Ugly
The state already tried that with the Tennessee Firearms Freedom act. (Although not for full auto) You can manufacture and sell firearms and suppressors in this state to state residents according to the act. Do you see anyone doing it? No, because the BATF has said they will charge them.

Tennessee isn’t going to allow full auto anyway.

It's probably like shine, it's over 10 bucks a bottle now, used to be what, 2.00?
Gov gets involved, prices skyrocket and people get jobs with a retirement plan:/

hell with 10 dollars, good store brought shine is about 30 a bottle.  however I hear that the other kind is about 25 to 30 for a gallon.  Yea hire then it was in years past but much cheaper then the taxed.  Not that I would have anything to do with that.  However if it was legal to make for yourself I would do it.