New fighting bowie in my down time.

Ive had some down time with work this week so yesterday I hammered out this ol' boy. 10.5" blade, hidden tang, spalted maple handle, file guard, band sawblade end cap with copper rivet accent. This knife was built as a fighter, not a camp knife. Super light and fast in the hand, razor sharp and should hold a great edge. Steel is a 1095 Nicholson file, edge quenched then had a triple temper at 400 degrees. Ill post updated pictures when I finish it on out. The purple around the hilt is painters tapes I havent removed yet. The yellow is the the tempering colors. Itll have a sand blasted finish at the end, with tong oiled handle.

20140724_130556_zpsfakxzut3.jpg

20140724_130605_zpsjbgzqv3w.jpg
20140724_130614_zps6ol1mkte.jpg

• Like 9

I love it!

Ditto. That is a beauty now...Can't wait to see the finished knife.

That looks awesome!

You did one helluva job there Spots....very impressive. :up: :up:

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I think this is one of my better ones, and definitely one of the fastest in hand.

Damn I love being right! :tough:

Thanks for the compliments man. I am really happy how this one turned out.

About damn time you made something new! Lmao.

That looks awesome. I really like the copper rivet, nice touch.

I know dude. I was super busy with work for awhile. Now work went dead for a couple weeks, just long enough to make bills hard to pay lol. But now that works went kind dead, this heat makes it miserable to fire that forge up and beat all day. But its still fun and rewarding.
Guest Broomhead

Thanks for the compliments man. I am really happy how this one turned out.
I know dude. I was super busy with work for awhile. Now work went dead for a couple weeks, just long enough to make bills hard to pay lol. But now that works went kind dead, this heat makes it miserable to fire that forge up and beat all day. But its still fun and rewarding.

Hey, I'm not doing much better here. If it weren't for the class at my smithing club I wouldn't be doing shi'ite. I just can't make what I want yet. I have too much stuff I need/want to do and abso-frickin-lutely no time to do it. Can you tell I'm a little perturbed by it?

Spots, helluva job! That is full of badassery brother!

Thanks for the compliment my man

Hey, I'm not doing much better here. If it weren't for the class at my smithing club I wouldn't be doing shi'ite. I just can't make what I want yet. I have too much stuff I need/want to do and abso-frickin-lutely no time to do it. Can you tell I'm a little perturbed by it?

Oh I get it. I get frustrated about not enough shop time alot. Oh well, just gotta keep on keeping on. You and your dad need to come back up sometime when it cools down a little, you can teach me a few new tricks since your taking classes.

Very nice. I have some more maple if you need any

Thanks man. I still have most of that small board and all of the big one. The big one is gonna make a nice table or bar someday, the small one keeps getting turned into knife handles slowly.