Customer rant...

Customers. Come in; "I'm looking for a holster." "What kind of gun do you have?" "It's a ------------- (something NO ONE has ever heard of)." "Do you have it with you? No holster is gonna have that name; we'll have to find something close." "Nah, I didn't bring it."

DO YOU GO SHOE SHOPPING WITHOUT YOUR FEET, YOU MORON?????  :wall:  :slapfight:

• Like 7
[quote name="Mike.357" post="1172445" timestamp="1406439793"]where's Waldo is fun. We play it all the time at the package store.[/quote] "Sir, I don't quite think I'm inebriated enough. Do you have anything that smells of elderberries, comes in a green bottle, and will get me very trashed but not quite to the point of alcohol poisoning?"
  • Like 1

Customers. Come in; "I'm looking for a holster." "What kind of gun do you have?" "It's a ------------- (something NO ONE has ever heard of)." "Do you have it with you? No holster is gonna have that name; we'll have to find something close." "Nah, I didn't bring it."

Mike, I can't believe you never heard of a whatchamacallit. :(
  • Like 1

I remember one of those:

Customer - "I need some well pump wire"

Me - "What gauge?"

Customer - "I don't know"

Me - "I don't know either.  How many horsepower?"

Customer - "I don't know"

Me - "I don't know either.  How deep is your well?"

Customer - "I don't know".

Me - "I don't know either".

Damn!

• Like 1
My best one is: Customer "I need a bolt" Me "ok what size." Customer " I don't know" Me "did you bring an old one to match up?" Customer "no" At this point I just gave up... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I was in gun retail, I was amazed at how few people do their homework.  Just a little due diligence goes along way.  My favorite one, I need ammo for my pistol, what caliber, I don't know, its one of the smaller ones.  Which one, 22LR, 25auto, 32, I don't know, but it sure does kick!  Geez............Now, me on the other hand, I do a lot a homework,  really too much, really excessive, compulsory really.  I love to stump the salesman with technical knowledge, or just some basic info.  I was actually in a gun store last week, a dealer of Sig Sauers.  I was asking when were they were going to get any P320s.  First the counter help had no clue what I was talking about.  Then the owner, over heard the conversation, and he did know a little, but not much more, other than its a Glock copy.   Not that I expect the counter help to know everything, but they need to read at least one or two gun rags a month, be up on the market (not just their store market) and maybe hang out on gun message boards a little.

Do you ever wonder how the gun counter people know their stuff?  Is it just regurgitation of what 10 or more people have shared with them over the past month?  Is it just intelligent BS factor?  Do they have personal experience from a gun range, or is it someone that reads 100s of articles, researches all the time, and just has a flare to know all there is to know.    In some cases, not all, they all act like they have a Phd in guns, or could go head to head with Massad Ayoob.  One more story, last week, I was at Academy in Knoxville, over heard this customer ask some questions about a few handguns in the glass, the 21 year old college student appearing counter person, talked about each gun, how it shoots, its accuracy, its recoil, and the good and the bad of each.  I laughed under my breath.  How does he really know this stuff?  Does Academy put the hired help through training on each gun model?  Do they get go to the range and shoot each one of the guns?  Do they each own one these in their on personal collection.  Or was this classic 101 car sales BS tactics?  I think I know, don't you?

A professional salesperson will tell you, "I don't know / I will find out / I am more familiar with product B"

They will ask questions about your needs and wants and not data dump features of the product they want to sell or have a love affair with.

I really hate the ones that say they will buy something, will be at a certain place all day and you show up and they are not there.   :pleased:  :taunt:

• Like 2
  • Moderators
[quote name="Steelharp" post="1172404" timestamp="1406429129"]Customers. Come in; "I'm looking for a holster." "What kind of gun do you have?" "It's a ------------- (something NO ONE has ever heard of)." "Do you have it with you? No holster is gonna have that name; we'll have to find something close." "Nah, I didn't bring it." DO YOU GO SHOE SHOPPING WITHOUT YOUR FEET, YOU MORON????? :wall: :slapfight:[/quote] Hey, to be fair, there once was a guy in Cleveland that ran a "Surplus Store". It was mostly VooDoo Tactical stuff and some odds and ends. Also sold cheap holsters. Also had a sign on the door stating that you could not bring live ammo into the store. I asked him about it and he basically started going off on folks who carry pistols and how there was no reason to have a loaded gun is his store. He said he would call the cops on you if you did. I wanted to eagerly to ask of I could bring my pistol in to see which holster fit but figured it was best to avoid the situation altogether. The guy was pretty much a nut altogether. Went right along with the handguns are bad and all I need is a shotgun to protect my family. Yet sold MOLLE gear and sidearm holsters? Rumor has it that he died in the back and it was a good few days or a week until someone noticed. Cleveland guys might remember it down on Springplace. Is now a candy shop or something.

Hey, to be fair, there once was a guy in Cleveland that ran a "Surplus Store". It was mostly VooDoo Tactical stuff and some odds and ends. Also sold cheap holsters. Also had a sign on the door stating that you could not bring live ammo into the store. I asked him about it and he basically started going off on folks who carry pistols and how there was no reason to have a loaded gun is his store. He said he would call the cops on you if you did. I wanted to eagerly to ask of I could bring my pistol in to see which holster fit but figured it was best to avoid the situation altogether. The guy was pretty much a nut altogether. Went right along with the handguns are bad and all I need is a shotgun to protect my family. Yet sold MOLLE gear and sidearm holsters? Rumor has it that he died in the back and it was a good few days or a week until someone noticed. Cleveland guys might remember it down on Springplace. Is now a candy shop or something.

Eeeeewwwwww.....

Hand them a fanny pack and tell them most anything will fit in that. :rolleyes:

Customer calls and says, my air isn't working, what's wrong with it?  Well, either 1 of 500 different reasons, don't know unless I check it out.  Whats the service call cost?  $65.  Wow, whats it going to cost to fix it?  Don't know until I find out what the problem is.  I can't afford that right now, what am I supposed to do in the meantime?  Tape a paint stirring stick to a piece of cardboard and wave it back and forth in front of your face. :devil:  Never told anyone to do that but I was tempted sometimes. People wants you to diagnose it over the phone and tell them how to fix it, just can't happen 99.99% of the time but I did have to tell a lady to turn their T-stat to "COOL" once and that worked. :wacko:

Edited by K191145

Last week, a guy called me to get a password reset.  One of the simplest things I do.

after the reset process, I was trying to get him signed into the PC and it was prompting him to reset his password.

15 minutes later another guy is trying to open from the other end of the phone.  The customer just was not getting it.

No sir, put the password I gave you n the old password field.  Now make your new password in the New and Confirm fields.

Sir, they have to be at least 9 letters long, with a least 1 capital and 1 number.

They guy just kept having problem.  Finally with the help of one of his co workers was able to get him logged in.

I looked up the guys job title and found he was a much higher level of IT then myself.  It was just Fing sad.

"I need a holster for my S&W 40."

"OK, what model S&W do you have?"

"I dunno."

"Well, it could be a M&P, or Sigma, or one of the older metal frame ones."

"Hang on, it's out in the car I'll go get it."

It's a Glock 22.

• Like 3