CIA C39

jacob

Possibly will be able to pickup another AK soon and have been eyeing the C39 from CAI. Most of what I have seen and read online have been fairly positive and felt the milled receiver was a plus at the price point. Anyone here have any thoughts/issues they can share on this? Thanks... Edited by jacob

They seem like a decent AK, but youcan get factory built AKs for less.

where? Been thinking about picking up a single ak in 7.62. Since I already have 5.45. Its nice to have different calibers. 

For a Century? Has their quality ACTUALLY improved or is it still the same crap I remember fixing?

All indications are they've made big improvement with their own processes, and apparently somehow sobered up some of the folks on lines in other countries, particularly the Romanians with the WASR.

- OS

Ah, well that's comforting. I had a WASR that had a canted sight that was out of spec by smidge, which by I mean "HOLY @#$%!!! YOUR SIGHT CAME LIKE THAT????" Also, pops has a CETME that needed a lot of TLC. The receiver itself was canted to one side causing some cycling issues. He took a mic to it and straightened it out over a months time whilst modifying it slightly to accept a surplus HK collapsible stock.

Ah, well that's comforting. I had a WASR that had a canted sight that was out of spec by smidge, which by I mean "HOLY @#$%!!! YOUR SIGHT CAME LIKE THAT????" Also, pops has a CETME that needed a lot of TLC. The receiver itself was canted to one side causing some cycling issues. He took a mic to it and straightened it out over a months time whilst modifying it slightly to accept a surplus HK collapsible stock.

Yeah, thats why I went in and decided to fork over the funds for a PTR. No issues with stocks or anything. Feed everything every time so far.

WASRs are also coming with nice solid wood stocks now, instead of the laminated plywood stuff. My two:

WASR.jpg

WASR2.jpg

- OS

• Like 2

your #2 looks good with that dark furniture....I bastardized mine with polymer stuff, but I still dig the wooden furniture...

Thanks, Kiwi Cordovan shoe polish wax :). Did same on a M92 PAP:

pap.jpg

The top pic is the color they come unfinished as yours was I guess .. didn't change it, just used Formby's Tung Oil Finish (not same as pure tung oil at all).

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Whats the prices tho? Going back to school is gonna strain my "dangerous toys" funds. 

WASRs have been $485-550 shipped last few months, haven't looked around today. The various PAP rifle configs around $575-600.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

just ordered this online...my first experience ordering a firearm...hopefully it won't leave a sour taste....

http://www.classicfirearms.com/centurion-akms-rifle-7-62x39-milled-receive-chrome-r-wblacklaminated

going to order a MI keymod rail to replace the hand guard to mount an aimpoint H-1 up front...

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1226

• Like 1

just ordered this online...my first experience ordering a firearm...hopefully it won't leave a sour taste....

http://www.classicfirearms.com/centurion-akms-rifle-7-62x39-milled-receive-chrome-r-wblacklaminated

going to order a MI keymod rail to replace the hand guard to mount an aimpoint H-1 up front...

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1226

Brace yourselves, the AK purists are coming...