Pioneer Arms AK

cch2a

Just picked up this Pioneer Arms AK about 3 weeks ago from Aim. For a budget AK I am pretty impressed. Finish is nice deep black although doubt finish will hold up very well and has chrome lined barrel. There seems to be conflicting reports on who makes and where the parts are sourced. I wasn't to concerned as it is a project AK not something I'm keeping original. Only thing that concerns me is the bolt carrier is cast. The gun is imported by I.O. For those wondering. Mag fit has been excellent with the 2 x Tapco (came with) and 4 x Yugo BHO mags I have on hand with extremely small amount of wobble. Trigger is nothing great and not as good as my M92 but appropriate for the price point. Function was troublesome when I first shot it as the bolt was hanging on the hammer every 2-3 rounds. A little sanding on the hammer and rails and now shoots great and action is smoothest I felt on a lower end AK. Accuracy was about 2-2.5" at 50yds unsupported prone with Wolf ammo which isnt bad with irons on an AK for me. I'm sure it will tighten up a bit with an optic and rifle rest. The sights required no adjustment which was surprising as I doubt they zero at 50 or at all at the factory. As you can see I added a Krebs ambi safety as I am left handed. I hate the phrase "game changer" but this really made the AK much more appealing to me as I can run the safety with a flick of my thumb. I will add updated pics today once I install the Rifle Dynamics stock adapter and FSC47 brake I got this week.
e9dd7e85-b249-4b9b-8604-0c2c878c7172_zps

Update #1 Rifle Dynamics Stock Adapter w/CTR and QD end plate, FSC47 brake
52ae7612-0ece-4a0c-92b7-9e8630149266_zps
Update #2
Krebs Keymod Rail and Cerakote Magpul OD Green compliments of amendment2customcoatings (his Facebook has better photos)
IMG_20140924_110333801_HDR_zps3943e3c4.j

Edited by cch2a
  • Like 1
Yes it is Polish. But if you google around it seems there are opinions that they are parts kit guns made up of parts sourced all over. No idea what the truth is and not that concerned about it. It's reliable and shoots straight.
  • 1 month later...