10mm, Glock or EAA Witness

NextExit

My next gun purchase is going to be a 10mm.  Why? Because 1) everytime I go into Bass Pro there's plenty of ammo in stock and 2) I don't have one (which is reason enough to buy it :pleased: )

So the two guns I'm looking at are the Glock 29 and EAA Witness P Compact. No problem finding info on Glock but has anyone had any experience with EAA? Any problems with warranty? accuracy? etc.  I'm leaning towards EAA only because of price but if it's a "high maintenance" gun then I'll join the Glock club.

I have no 10MM experience yet, but have the EAA Witness Elite on the way to me from Bud's. I'm just not a Glock fan, and I wanted more capacity than a singlestack offers.

Any particular reason you're wanting to go the compact route? With a hot round like 10MM, I want all the barrel I can get to maximize velocity, and a heavier gun will be a little more tame.
  • Like 3

I have no 10MM experience yet, but have the EAA Witness Elite on the way to me from Bud's. I'm just not a Glock fan, and I wanted more capacity than a singlestack offers.

Any particular reason you're wanting to go the compact route? With a hot round like 10MM, I want all the barrel I can get to maximize velocity, and a heavier gun will be a little more tame.

Agreed. And I do have 10mm experience.

I'd love to have a G20 with a long slide and barrel from Lone Wolf, though.

They have a shorter lifespan. You may get 10k rounds but there are a few that say they have worked loose in a lot less. Besides they are pricey.

My first 10MM was a Cold Double Eagle and I've owned a few 1911s in 10MM since then.

I love 1911s and I love 10MM Auto as a cartridge but my experience with the combination is that the 1911 is just not well suited for the 10MM; this seems to be especially true with Colt's offerings (my Dan Wesson is an exception). Even considering some very expensive 1911s in 10MM, the best 10MM handgun I've owned for overall shooting is my G20.

• Like 1

With the EAA you are going to have problems finding parts and accessories and as for warranty you will have to pay to send to EAA in for repair(s) and a warranty service fee of $20.

I would go with a gen3 Glock for 10mm.

Just my experience and opinion.

Edited by DWARREN123

Thanks all for the responses.  :hat: 

NextExit, are you still in the Military or retired? If so you would be a fool to not get a blue label Glock for $529ish OTD.

Ex military.  Didn't stay in long enough to retire.

I do like the extra capacity of the Witness.  I like the compact for carry.  Nothing against big guns, I have a Desert Eagle .50 but I'm not gonna carry it. :cool:

With the EEA you are going to have problems finding parts and accessories and as for warranty you will have to pay to send the EEA in for repair(s) and a warranty service fee of $20.

I would go with a gen3 Glock for 10mm.

Just my experience and opinion.

This was my concern.  Their website doesn't give much info on warranty other than "send it in & we'll bill you."

A couple questions on the Glock:

1) Any difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4?

2) G29 & G29SF... what's the "SF"?

With a G29 there will not be a whole lot of differences between a G29sf Gen3 and a Gen4 other than grip texture and a reversible mag release. Both will have a dual recoil spring assembly. You will have larger backstraps to install on the gen4 but hardly anyone uses them because the grip is so fat anyway. The Gen4 will also include an additional magazine for a total of 3. The regular 29 has a thicker backstrap making the trigger reach substantial and the 29SF (short frame) was a successful attempt to shorten the reach by a short distance. The regular 29 has been discontinued and SF and Gen4 without a backstrap are about the same distance from the backstrap to the trigger. Edited by Patton
  • Like 1

Here is a picture of new factory full power 10mm fired from a Glock. If you are not going to reload I guess the Glock would be ok.9u2emeby.jpg The EAA Witness Elite Match is one of the best kept secrets in gun value for the money. Best trigger out of the box of any gun I have seen.epu2u4ev.jpg

Edited by zeke4351
Guest carter

but anyways... my buddy carries a glock 29 i believe it is... had some grip work done at leatherneck tactical (the grainy stippling with finger grooves removed and trigger guard undercut and shaped) it looks good and he swears by the stopping power on paper lol he also has the big dot sights on there which i may put on my 23c...

My Gen2 Glock 20 is a lot of fun, and I do reload my 10s.  I personally would not want anything smaller than my big frame big boy G20.  I know you like the G29, but shoot 50 to 100 rounds of 10, then you might want to reconsider.  My barber has a very nice Dan Wesson 1911 in 10mm, very sweet, little heavy, but I imagine it helps with the soft recoil too.  The DW is slightly North of a grand.

Edited by Runco
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought my first Glock today and it's a Gen4 model 29. I haven't got to shoot it yet but plan to tomorrow. From what i've read, people have told me and saw on You Tube, the 10mm round is a very very stout round. After I give it some range time and if it does what i've been told, I will put my Bersa .40 in the safe and the G29 will be my EDC weapon. From the video on You Tube the 10mm round punches alot harder than the .40cal round and the .357mag. round.

The 10MM CAN be hot, but most factory 10MM is pretty watered down these days... barely even 40+p, if you will. Look up Underwood ammo. I haven't had the chance to get any yet, but it seems to be pretty impressive stuff.

Do some googling on 10MM ammo specs and you'll see what I'm talking about.
  • Like 1
I have never owned an EAA but I did shoot one years back chambered in .38 super I believe. I don't remember disliking it but I can speak for the Glock 20. I had a fit to buy one about 4 years ago to get into hog hunting with but never did. I did shoot the piss out of it and I liked it. I bought several boxes of 180 grain factory loads (don't remember which brand). I hate when people claim that a GUN is "accurate" but I felt with this gun that I performed much better on paper with it than any other pistol I have owned. I don't know if it was the bigger frame or just in my head. I let it go a year or so ago because it just wasn't a practical fit in my collection. I hope to find a good used one someday. Edited by glowdotGlock