My Parents Open Carry

Bill Maher made fun of it in his "New Rules" segment on Friday.  Ironically, that's helped sales.

New Rule:  The illustrator of this children's book, My Parents Open Carry - has to tell me what the dad in this picture - Freddie Mercury, apparently -is doing with his hand.

Also, if mom and dad are both safe because they're packing, why are they using their daughter as a human shield?

I'm more and more convinced that Bloomberg is behind a large number of these open-carry activists.

I'd say more behind the anti-OC/gun activists. He pledged to spend $50 million this year on anti-gun campaigns, and the media is loving it. That's the only reason we're hearing about people OCing in Texas 8 months ago, or even this book, which has been out for several years. 

• Like 1

What a strange poll.

Not really, when it asks for your emotional response, i.e. crying, it is very clear the attacks on the 2A will continue to shift from facts and rational debate to emotions and feelings Edited by Gotthegoods

I admit to laughing at the proposed titles for similar books.

The author said his group wants to make a second one, I hope it would be "my mom conceal carries" ... push the women's defense angle (force equalizer), strong confident woman angle (true feminism),  single parent angle (facts o' life... a lot of kids identify with a broken home),  and the concealed carry angle (its not just for criminals people). 

I am glad to see this.  The pro-gun folks have really, really dropped the ball on education of kids, and while this book sounds silly, its a *start*.

Nah, next one should be "Timmy Has Two Glocks"

Edit: Wow, that article really goes off the rails towards the end. Should be in the "Opinions" section. Awful journalism.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 2

Journalism in the Knoxville Sentinel?  :rofl:

Well, it's not just the Sentinel. Probably in all the Scripps papers. Author is Washington correspondent for the whole syndicate -- might have actually been designed as editorial originally, who knows.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Well, it's not just the Sentinel. Probably in all the Scripps papers. virtually every news outlet in existence.   Author is Washington correspondent for the whole syndicate -- might have actually been designed as editorial originally, who knows.

- OS

FTFY...

Apparently this particular children's book does not please some.....

http://www.knoxnews.com/decodedc/important-new-kids-book-shines-light-on-the-horrible-shame-of-closeted-gun-ownership

Scripps Media(owners of the Knoxville News Sentinel).....somewhat to the left of Lenin, known for their leadership and iconic status in the lamestream media......

Did you expect anything different? Edited by Gliderman166