Alien Gear Holsters

I placed an order with Alien Gear Holsters for three holsters on July 27th. There was an issue with the online processing. I contacted my credit card company to verify that the payment had been made to the holster company, then I called Alien Gear. I reached a pleasant young lady who promptly apologized, corrected my order, offered free leather belt loops and stated that she would give my order to her boss. Later that evening I received an email from a gentleman verifying my order. Ten days later, I received three holsters via priority mail. My only gripe is that in their rush to get the holsters to me, they forgot to stamp the alien on two of the holsters, but that's no big deal.

The crazy thing is that I ordered a holster for my Shield 9mm the day and got a four to six week wait time. Again, no gripes because I've read stories of two month wait times.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the price, quality and so far the customer service. Anyone have a similar story?

I bought a Cloak Tuck 2.0 IWB  for my XDS 9mm and received in about 4 wks. I use it for my PM9 also. Holster is priced right and a quality kydex/combination. I wish it had the grip covered more for a sweat band. I'm wearing it trying to get use to it. Concealment wise it is good. Some discomfort when sitting and when not wearing a t-shirt between it and handgun grip, but too hot in Tn to wear t-shirt in summer. Tuck 2.0 has the more flexible backing, instead of the leather.

Edited by lshel
I just received my cloak tuck 2.0. Was hesitant on the neoprene backing thinking it would be hot, but it is awesome. Super comfortable, and capable of carrying the full size XD9 all day.

I got the confirmation email that said 4-6 weeks on delivery, but it came in less than 2. I've already ordered another for me, and one for a family member. I'm sold on them for IWB. they are more comfortable than my desantis or galco.
  • Like 2

I didn't have much luck with customer service via email but...

IMHO. For a hybrid holster at that price, it can't be beat! I really like the spare parts that come with it and over all, I'm a very happy camper. I will get another one for my next handgun

I've been wearing the Cloak 2.0 for the Glock 19 all afternoon as I've taken my wife around on her shopping spree. I can't even tell that I'm wearing a holster. I only hope that the holster stays that way throughout its lifespan.
Guest stinkfoot
Just got mine Friday and needed the biggest rubber to even be able to draw from it and lowered the ride hight then mowed and had a very active night. The draw would jerk my shorts halfway up my rear wearing my belt tight like I always do. But after I adjusted it and put on some looser shorts it disappeared and I was all over the place last night.

My first hybrid and at first it was too bulky, but another pair of shorts solved that.
Guest princeshoko

Got the 2.0 a few weeks ago. its my first IWB  loving it so far.  Feels good. Hold my G19 well.  Very impressed.  Feel like I hit the IWB lotto first time out.

To my untrained eye it looks pretty good. No noticeable loose ends or frays. It's not as heavy of stitching as say a Desantis all leather, but is comparable if not the same to my Galco and Minotaur. On the Cloak Tuck 2.0 I just got, my initial thought was the leather was super thin. But obviously with the neoprene backing it would have to be vs just a single slab of leather. If I recall the order tho, they have a lifetime warranty on all parts. Which is awesome, hopefully will not need to use that ever though. For $45 to my door, it can't be beat in my mind. Edited by Wiljo05
  • 4 weeks later...

Got mine today and wore it to go pick up some food.  It feels okay for now (still getting used to the difference from my old holster).  But I've noticed that there is about a half inch of play up and down in seating the gun.  Even subtracting the 3/16" needed for the front sight to clear, it's still too large by 5/16".  You can see it on the left in the pic.

IMG_20140911_222305_zpsxdivllhu.jpg

Is this normal, or could they have made a mistake during the production process by putting on the wrong plastic?

They also half-assed the logo stencil.  I have the alien head, but not the brand name.  Little things like that indicate a lack of attention to detail and irk me to no end after I had to wait a month from time of order.  For that much wait time, my pistol should fit in it like a glove and I should be wowed by the craftsmanship. 

I'm debating sending it back.

Edited by btq96r
  • 3 months later...

I read in the original poster , LINKS2K , that Alien Gear forgot to stamp the Alien on his leather , heck I think that is awesome . I love these holsters , but if I could get mine without the writing and picture of the alien then that would be even better . But all in all , this company rocks . I have 3 and when I wear them i almost forget that I have a gun in my waist band . I The newer belt loops that are made of plastic are awesome ! I hated the metal ones because they were so tight and the edges were sharp but the plastic ones ROCK . I think these guys have blown away Galco , DeSantis , Gould And Goodrich, Comp-Tac , and so on in my opinion. Hopefully the money and fame will not go to their head and then they start failing like "other" companies seem to do when they get overly confident,,,,,hhmmmm , I better not say the name . 

I'm hoping that the success doesn't cause them to Jack their prices sky high. I stopped supporting a certain kydex holster maker because I started out paying twenty-five dollars for holsters and once they became somewhat popular the price doubled. I know that as a business grows you need more supplies and workers, but to me the holsters are only worth twenty-five dollars on their best day. I'm glad to hear that some of you guys are enjoying your holsters. I only use the Alien Gear and Sparks holsters during warm weather. I'm currently using Blade-tech Eclipse owb holsters because I'm wearing a jacket daily while the weather is cool.
  • 8 months later...

Anybody know why some backings on this holster have more material at the bottom and others are flat on the bottom?  Are the holsters for subcompacts the ones that are flat?  Since you can swap shells I would think all the holsters would have the extra material.

I got two of the Cloak 2.0 holsters, one for an LCP, and one for a 3" 1911. The 1911 holster is great, but the LCP is so small it leaves a long flat area of plastic in the shell that doesn't flex much. It makes the holster very stiff and doesn't allow it to curve around my body. Highly recommend it for anything larger than a micro pistol.

Anybody know why some backings on this holster have more material at the bottom and others are flat on the bottom?  Are the holsters for subcompacts the ones that are flat?  Since you can swap shells I would think all the holsters would have the extra material.

The holster bases come in four different sizes. You get the size that fits your biggest gun. The shells fit all the base sizes. So, you can always change to the same size or smaller gun by just ordering the right shell. 

The holster bases come in four different sizes. You get the size that fits your biggest gun. The shells fit all the base sizes. So, you can always change to the same size or smaller gun by just ordering the right shell. 

I get that.  I guess I was thinking for example if you ordered for a subcompact and got a base that was flat across the bottom, then you got a full size gun.  I would think the muzzle would go past the bottom of the base.   It just makes more sense to me that they would use the largest base.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the 3.0 combo IWB for my FNS 9 compact and OWB for the Glock 30. Very comfortable in my opinion. I like the fact that I can switch the Kydex of the Glock to the IWB holster if so desired. If I were to trade for another gun, I can send in the kydex and trade for the new gun.