Finally got some .22!!

Well last November I ordered 5000rds of CCI Mini Mags 40g from MidWay via this link below

http://www.slickguns.com/product/backorder-cci-mini-mag-high-velocity-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-plated-lead-round-nos#comments

I thought what the heck I will just order it (they didn't charge your card at the time of order) … Just got my shipping notification :-)

It only took them nearly 9 months but I am happy to get some ammo at a decent price … I wish I could backorder some more

Well last November I ordered 5000rds of CCI Mini Mags 40g from MidWay via this link below

http://www.slickguns.com/product/backorder-cci-mini-mag-high-velocity-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-plated-lead-round-nos#comments

I thought what the heck I will just order it (they didn't charge your card at the time of order) … Just got my shipping notification :-)

It only took them nearly 9 months but I am happy to get some ammo at a decent price … I wish I could backorder some more

Did they charge you on the back when you ordered it price or today's price?................just curious

I have been lucky I guess, Academy Sports has had .22 off and on so have stocked up for squirrel season at normal prices.

I have not been tree rat hunting in years but have been considering doing a little this year. Just enough to make up some squirrel and dumplings a few times. I have plenty of 22'lrs to do it with and a buddy wants me to come and hunt them from his back deck because they did some damage to his house last year by getting in his attic so he ask me if I would take care of that problem and if I am going to shoot them I will eat them. "Waste not want not" my grandmother use to say.................jmho

I have not been tree rat hunting in years but have been considering doing a little this year. Just enough to make up some squirrel and dumplings a few times. I have plenty of 22'lrs to do it with and a buddy wants me to come and hunt them from his back deck because they did some damage to his house last year by getting in his attic so he ask me if I would take care of that problem and if I am going to shoot them I will eat them. "Waste not want not" my grandmother use to say.................jmho

Yup, squirrel makes a good lunch after a morning of deer hunting.  I roast one or two when working out on my land too, mother nature provides some good vittles and seasons usually correspond to when I am doing other chores so win win.

Guest mechanically

Very interesting... I have the same case on order, and you ordered in November?

I ordered the same thing in January. They say I could possibly get them in November of this year. I wonder how many are on the list ahead of me.

Well, I placed my backorder in December, so I presume there's at least me in line ahead of you...  :whistle:

I'm interested to see when Tuffus and I receive our orders... I've said for months and months now; the biggest enemy 22 shooters have is themselves. I've been surprised that Midway hasn't canceled my backorder. (And the CCI case isn't the only .22 backorder I have in queue...) But, mcordell's report, as well as others suggests they're doing their darndest to fulfill the backlog. 

(Contrary to Sportsmans Guide, who canceled my backorder a month after it was placed, but has sold the same product at substantially higher rates since then.)

Everyone wonders where all the 22 is? I sincerely don't think ner-do-well hooligans waiting in line at 5am for a single brick are the only issue. People like me are at least a major contributing factor to the problem with catching up. 

But, cancel my backorder to help the greater good? No way!   :tough:

• 3 weeks later...

Forgive my rant about Midway 22 Mini-Mags

I've finally had it with Midway USA. Turkeys sent me a flyer by snailmail that arrived today with CCI Mini-Mag 22 RN ammo touted on outside wrapper at $6.99 per hundred. I called them and of course they were out of stock - no possible back order. So I let 'em have it. I've had Mini-Mag ammo on backorder since November of 2013. So, obviously they had to have some inventory to cover the direct mail promotion? In answer, supervisor explained I ordered 5,000 rounds and they can't ship that made up of 100 round boxes. I'm sorry, but that's not a good answer. The 100 round plastic sleeves don't package separately. They pack into large cases. Some number of cases would add up to 5,000 rounds. This is bad customer service. That's it for me and Midway. As far as I'm concerned, they can sit and rotate.

Edited by Vistar
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I've got an Astra Cub and Beretta in .22 short that I can't shoot because I haven't been able to find any reasonably priced ammo for them. I have an adequate supply of 22 LR, but that doesn't help me with these two pistols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 4 months later...

Very interesting... I have the same case on order, and you ordered in November?

Well, I placed my backorder in December, so I presume there's at least me in line ahead of you...  :whistle:

I'm interested to see when Tuffus and I receive our orders... I've said for months and months now; the biggest enemy 22 shooters have is themselves. I've been surprised that Midway hasn't canceled my backorder. (And the CCI case isn't the only .22 backorder I have in queue...) But, mcordell's report, as well as others suggests they're doing their darndest to fulfill the backlog. 

(Contrary to Sportsmans Guide, who canceled my backorder a month after it was placed, but has sold the same product at substantially higher rates since then.)

Everyone wonders where all the 22 is? I sincerely don't think ner-do-well hooligans waiting in line at 5am for a single brick are the only issue. People like me are at least a major contributing factor to the problem with catching up. 

But, cancel my backorder to help the greater good? No way!   :tough:

It's now been 13 months since I orderd my 5000 rounds of Mini Mags. Cancelled by Midway last week. Good thing I was prepared for the drought of .22's.