Shot a Beretta PX4 4" Storm

graycrait

For those who have owned or shot this pistol:  I'm not sure I have shot a more softer shooting pistol in this size. A friend lent me his because I was curious about the "rotational thing."   Believe me, I have shot a lot of pistols.  I went to shoot it with an older (than me) retired LEO's place in the country.  His comment was, "you can shoot this pistol all afternoon."  I thought the same thing.  Very Sig-like in some aspects but I swear it shot as soft as my "late" Sig X-Five Tactical, but without the sight radius length and the X_Five's nice SA trigger.  However, for an out of the box trigger I thought this Storm's trigger was pretty nice, both DA/SA.  If I were teaching a beginner's class I would use this pistol.      

Any thoughts from those who have shot or owned one of these?  I'm thinking of buying this gun if the owner will sell it, primarily for a range gun for my wife and I think as a good nightstand pistol.  However, I'll carry a Keltec 32 or my G19.

Craig in Clarksville 

berettapx4storm1_zps6f1849ec.jpg

Another one that's on my list. 

Right after I bought my SR9 I was in the range trying my new pistol out and a fellow there had a PX4 like the one you shot. We swapped up for a bit. Same thoughts as you, almost made me regret buying the SR9 because it felt so good and I was very accurate with it.

Later on I found a deal on a sub-compact PX4, without the rotating barrel, still a fine shooter but I really like to add another one of these to collection.

I think they are a favorite with shooters with big hands  :wave:

I have one. It was a birthday gift from my Sister 4 years ago.   . 40 cal.

PICT0016.jpg

I like it it a lot. Good accuracy, no more recoil than my 1911 and it's the easiest pistol to field strip I've ever seen. I've heard a lot of crap about the rotating barrel that in my opinion is bull####. It's an update Cougar which is now made by Stoeger. Both are fine pistols.  I've probably put 700 rounds through it with one failure to feed and that was with cheap Remington hollow points. It gets put in my nightstand every single night loaded with Winchester ranger 165 gr.

I liked mine a lot. Only issue I had was the large grip insert would shrink over time and a few months later, it would put just enough pressure on the mag well so mags won't drop free. Beretta kept sending me new grip inserts but ended up selling it after a while. Only seem to happen with the large grip.

It was too fat for me, but they shoot really well.  The larger ones are extremely gentle; the smallest size has "some" recoil in .40. 

I kid you not think about concealment if you want to carry this gun.  Its advertising could read "50% wider than the leading brands"

• Like 1

yeah, it feels fat for sure.  I'm going to have a shoot off tomorrow with the Storm against my carved up G19.  I am trying to decide if want to part with 400 clams for the near new Storm. I need to shoot the Storm left and right handed one-handed as fast as I can.  As easy as the Storm is to shoot range style I'm not sure its trigger is what I want for a save your butt pistol.   

That rotating barrel system is sweet. But the first time I took it down, it sure puzzled me  for a few minutes trying to put it all back together. I guess there is something to be said for owners manuals after all.

Seriously though, I did like the pistol as far as shooting at the range. But did find it was a bit too big for my hands. And it's about the ugliest thing since a highpoint.