HCP Arrived today - Yeah!

HCP arrived in the mail today!  Took the class/range on 8/2, DMV paperwork on 8/4, fingerprints on 8/5, and the permit arrived on 8/18.  Want to get some more range time in soon.   Carrying comes with an awesome responsibility to only use the weapon in your defense when you are in immediate danger of severe injury or lost of life.  Jim  

• Like 2

HCP arrived in the mail today!  Took the class/range on 8/2, DMV paperwork on 8/4, fingerprints on 8/5, and the permit arrived on 8/18.  Want to get some more range time in soon.   Carrying comes with an awesome responsibility to only use the weapon in your defense when you are in immediate danger of severe injury or lost of life.  Jim  

If you are a little nervous about carrying be sure to do the Wally Walk in Dickson. That's a good way to get used to carrying and most all people in Walmart, especially in Dickson don't care. Remember, Tennessee doesn't require that you conceal your handgun either.

BTW, I got my new HCP today also so I am good from 8-18-14 till 8-18-18. Actually I had till October 28 before my old one expired.

If you are a little nervous about carrying be sure to do the Wally Walk in Dickson. That's a good way to get used to carrying and most all people in Walmart, especially in Dickson don't care. Remember, Tennessee doesn't require that you conceal your handgun either.

BTW, I got my new HCP today also so I am good from 8-18-14 till 8-18-18. Actually I had till October 28 before my old one expired.

I am a little nervous about carrying in public for the first time but think it will be ok over some time.  Got to remember not to nervously fiddle or adjust the shirt or holster in public.  Been carrying around the house, while the wife is at work, just to get use to the weapon and holster.  

I am a little nervous about carrying in public for the first time but think it will be ok over some time.  Got to remember not to nervously fiddle or adjust the shirt or holster in public.  Been carrying around the house, while the wife is at work, just to get use to the weapon and holster.  

You will get used to it, after awhile you will feel abnormal if you don't have it on you in some places. As far as adjusting your shirt or holster, I do that in lines at the grocery store or Walmart etc. and don't care if anyone sees it for a moment.

• Like 1

I am about a week behind you in the process.  Took the class on the 11th, DMV to finalize the paperwork on the 12th and was fingerprinted on the 13th. Hopefully I'll have the same luck you did and my permit will be here next week.

If you read the law closely, you'll find that it is now your duty to strap on a pistol and immediatly proceed to the nearest Wal Mart for your inaugural "WallyWorld Walk". :up:

Yes Sir :up:  Does the law say which way it's my duty to carry immediately in WallyWorld - openly or concealed?   :cool:  :ugh:  :woohoo: he,he,he  Just kidding

Edited by Chartiers

Yes Sir :up:  Does the law say which way it's my duty to carry immediately in WallyWorld - openly or concealed?   :cool:  :ugh:  :woohoo:

Law is neutral on the matter, but clearly states that Glocks suck carried with either method. :hiding:

- OS

• Like 5

Law is neutral on the matter, but clearly states that Glocks suck carried with either method. :hiding:

- OS

Don't have no Glock.  I have a .380acp brand that everyone makes fun of, even the instructor at the start of the required HCP class.  But after I shot 100 rounds with no problems at all and scored a 95% on target, the instructor just rolled his eyes and bit his tongue.   :pleased:

• Like 1

Don't have no Glock.  I have a .380acp brand that everyone makes fun of, even the instructor at the start of the required HCP class.  But after I shot 100 rounds with no problems at all and scored a 95% on target, the instructor just rolled his eyes and bit his tongue.   :pleased:

Nope nope, that wont do at all. If you don't carry a Glock, and it has to be a .45acp, then your better off with a sharp stick. Now you can get away with carrying a 1911, of course a .45acp because 1911fakes in 9mm are illegal and Un-American. Use the 1911 to fight your way back to your Glock 21 in .45acp. If you pay attention to the movies you will learn that if you shoot someone with a 9mm or .380 they will laugh at you, but if you shoot them with a .45 it knocks them back 10 feet through a plate glass window onto the street. 

• Like 1

Doesn't matter what others think as long as you like it.  :2cents:

16 Days? I thought my 26 days was fast.

Congrats! :up:

Nope nope, that wont do at all. If you don't carry a Glock, and it has to be a .45acp, then your better off with a sharp stick. Now you can get away with carrying a 1911, of course a .45acp because 1911fakes in 9mm are illegal and Un-American. Use the 1911 to fight your way back to your Glock 21 in .45acp. If you pay attention to the movies you will learn that if you shoot someone with a 9mm or .380 they will laugh at you, but if you shoot them with a .45 it knocks them back 10 feet through a plate glass window onto the street. 

Actually, I would like to carry the M1 Garand that I did in the Army. If I wanted to knock someone through a plate glass window I could just put on the grenade launcher.   :usa:

Edited by Chartiers
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter what others think as long as you like it.  :2cents:

16 Days? I thought my 26 days was fast.

Congrats! :up:

Thanks and your're right.  I did get the permit quicker than I expected.   

Edited by Chartiers

I am about a week behind you in the process.  Took the class on the 11th, DMV to finalize the paperwork on the 12th and was fingerprinted on the 13th. Hopefully I'll have the same luck you did and my permit will be here next week.

Looks like it might be here sooner than I had hoped.  I just checked my status online.  Very pleased at the turnaround time.

Your Handgun Carry Permit Application has been approved.

Please allow ten business days for delivery of your permit.

Don't have no Glock. I have a .380acp brand that everyone makes fun of, even the instructor at the start of the required HCP class. But after I shot 100 rounds with no problems at all and scored a 95% on target, the instructor just rolled his eyes and bit his tongue. :pleased:

If you have a Hi-Point, it is required (by law) that you carry it in the open in an Uncle Mike's nylon holster anytime you shop at Walmart. I'm pretty sure. Edited by Clod Stomper

Actually, I would like to carry the M1 Garand that I did in the Army. If I wanted to knock someone through a plate glass window I could just put on the grenade launcher. :usa:

I'm not implying anything by this this question, I am genuinely curious. Did you really carry a Garand in the Army?