I have a trainer for baton cert in Chattanooga

Ok guys. A trainer from Guns & Leather in Nashville is willing to come to Chattanooga to do the four hour baton training class. Here are the details.

• $75 per student
  • Maximum of 20 students, minimum of 9.
  • Class to be held at GT Distributors in Rossville. www.gtdist.com @ 2-2:30'ish. The store closes @ 2 so we won't get started right at 2.

1. Me
  2. XXX
  3. XXX
  4. XXX
  5. XXX
  6. rn29306
  7. rn29306's wife
  8. rn29306's friend
  9. rn29306's friend
  10. Open
  11. Open
  12. Open
  13. Open
  14. Open
  15. Open

Pay on Guns & Leather's website http://gandlacademy.com/calendar/   POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU SIGN UP SO I CAN GET A HEAD COUNT

Edited by Junkstack
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd do it if it were in Knoxville.

Heck, I'd sign on for yours in 'Nooga, as I'm down there about every other month for a week, but dates are never firm ahead of time.

- OS

Let me know if you're going to be down here. I don't see why someone couldn't sign up the day before.

Let me know if you're going to be down here. I don't see why someone couldn't sign up the day before.

Well, it will be for a week, either last of this month or first week of Oct. or combo of the two.

I will indeed touch bases with ya, will certainly join in if it coincides. I probably wouldn't really regularly do it, but would love the "right" to carry a sap if I wanted to. I assume this would provide the necessary credential as per 39-17-1308 then?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Well, it will be for a week, either last of this month or first week of Oct. or combo of the two.

I will indeed touch bases with ya, will certainly join in if it coincides. I probably wouldn't really regularly do it, but would love the "right" to carry a sap if I wanted to. I assume this would provide the necessary credential as per 39-17-1308 then?

- OS

Yes, it allows for legal carry under the stipulation of the law.

September 13 is very firm. The trainer's schedule is basically open to what we want with very little exception.

Oh, didn't realize it was for sure set date .... looks like I won't be down there till 19-20th at the earliest, thanks anyway.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Holy cow people.....this opportunity does not come along every day.

It is cheap, and only 4 hours out of your life and it will open up new options you previously did not have in carrying tools to defend yourself. It is ILLEGAL in TN to carry an impact weapon....unless you are certified in the use of an impact weapon.....go to this and get certified! I did the class to get certified back in 2006 but if I were going to be in town on the 13th I'd probably go do this one just because it would be a fun time. 

Seriously....I don't know why more people are not making use of this opportunity......

Add me to the list and +2 others. Paid and done for total of 3 on my end. The wife is one of the three. The additional two other guys were texted payment options. 

Thanks for setting this up and I'm looking forward to this class. 

Well done Sir. 

Edited by rn29306
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Randy. It was a good class. It taught you how to handle the baton and was more in defensive nature than I thought to be honest. Strikes were covered. What I have an issue with is how police are using this weapon for compliance vs pulling their gun out and I think that is different for a civilian (maybe armed, maybe not) down on Market Street in Chattanooga that gets approached on the street by urban dwellers with bad intentions in mind. Simple compliance would not be my goal in mind at that point. I guess we can all hash that out in court in the future if it comes to it. 

I appreciate the OP setting this class up and I was impressed with G and L's instructor for the baton class. 

Edited by rn29306