It's Hot

runco

I opened the door to let my old dog out and when I opened the dog she started to go out and then put it in reverse and backed back in the door and just looked up at me as if to be saying YOU REALLY WANT ME TO GO OUT THERE??? I told her she did not have to go and she went and found one of the A/C vents to lay in from of.  Weather advisory just came across the screen of TV flashing the Temps and heat index here in Gallatin. Temp 96 and heat index of 104 ...............I ain't planning on even thinking about grilling out which was my plans when I got pork chops out to thaw last night and put them in the fridge................... :shrug: :shrug:

Its so hot here in AZ that 30 minutes after pouring Gold Bond powder in my drawers it looks like a cement mixer in there

:doh:     :rofl: It GOLD BOND King...........Not COLD BOND.......................... :rock: :clap: :clap:

Just got done helping remove old roofing and frame on my Mom's back porch.  Even ice on the back of the neck couldn't keep us out there more than 45 minutes at a time.  Just got home, took a cold shower and am now laying here with a fan full in the face thanking God that I don't live in a desert or jungle.

I'm on the Gulf side of Flordia right now, gutting and restoring a house. Plumbing, electrical, sheet rock, floors, etc. It was 101 here today with high humidity and a heat index of 115. I am ready for winter
  • Like 2

First real heat I've seen this summer.  As cold as last winter was, this summer has been awesome weather-wise.  I remember stepping outside about dawn on July 4 and could see my breath it was so chilly.  I don't mind the heat now because it's going to start cooling off for good in a few weeks.

Guess the gummit will be fretting about the coming Ice Age like was often reported back in the 60's now. As long as it's now "climate change" instead of "global warming"  can still be used to throw money around.

- OS

I just went out and tried to pick the garden, okra mostly, because I have a bunch of it and if you don't pick okra approximately every two hours it gets about a foot long.  So I'm wearing a long sleeve tshirt because if I don't I return from the okra fields looking like I've been rolling around in concertina wire.  I started picking okra, and what I thought were crows with fangs, but turned out to be mosquitoes, started attacking me.  I didn't know humans could loose that much blood so quickly and survive.  I came in and sprayed my legs in Skin So Soft, I've never seen a mosquito anywhere around me while wearing SSS, because not even mosquitoes can stand the smell of it,  but that only slowed them down a little bit.  After getting the okra picked I came back inside and rehydrated and replenished my blood supply with Natural Light.  Currently I'm hiding inside with the AC and a ceiling fan but soon I will have to venture back outside because a little while ago I shoved a can of beer up a chickens butt and that's on the grill now. 

• Like 2

....I came in and sprayed my legs in Skin So Soft, I've never seen a mosquito anywhere around me while wearing SSS, because not even mosquitoes can stand the smell of it,  but that only slowed them down a little bit.  .

Never found SSS to do a damn thing with skeeters. Matter of fact, on anything, except the no-see-ums in lower FL and the Keys, for which it is of course de rigueur.

- OS

It has worked wonders for me.  I went camping a couple of months ago, out it all over myself Friday evening, didn't reapply or shower until Sunday and didn't have any bites.  I used to have to apply bug spray daily at my old job and started using the SSS because I didn't want to put deet on my skin everyday.  I guess nothing is going to work on everyone though.

It has worked wonders for me.  I went camping a couple of months ago, out it all over myself Friday evening, didn't reapply or shower until Sunday and didn't have any bites.  I used to have to apply bug spray daily at my old job and started using the SSS because I didn't want to put deet on my skin everyday.  I guess nothing is going to work on everyone though.

Eat more garlic.  It's so effective, I've repelled human females this way.

• Like 1