Daryl (Norman Reedus) thinks no one needs "automatic weapons at all"

I made a personal decision years ago when some Hollywood actors like Rosie O'Doughnut and Alec Baldwin and some others went off on their anti-gun rants not to give a rats ass what they thought or had to say about my guns. They are just entertainers and nothing more, they certainly are not heros. One of the funniest comedy sketches I ever heard is when Clooney made his speech about how actors like him were somehow more enlightened to the world than everyone else, I never knew Clooney could be that funny. What was even more hillarious is he actually thinks that's true, I never knew Clooney could be such an idiot. Many of them, obviously Clooney have become dis-connected with reality and the world getting anything they want anytime and having idiots kiss their ass all the time. I guess that's where some of them get their opinion of regular working folk from the ones who cater to them and kiss their ass. I like watching movies and listening to music as much as anyone else, I have my favorite bands and actors and enjoy watching and hearing the perform but they are just people like anyone else, no more special or important than anyone else.

• Like 6

I have always been able to separate the art from the artist. If you can't, it's your loss, not the artist's.

And yeah, that even includes Jane Fonda.

- OS

I try to do the same, yet still feel like a hypocrite myself because supporting them by "paying" for their art gives them a louder voice. But the world would be a dull place without them, I agree.
  • Like 1

I have always been able to separate the art from the artist. If you can't, it's your loss, not the artist's.

And yeah, that even includes Jane Fonda.

- OS

Maybe. It just disappoints me a little when an actor or musician whose work I admire opens up his or her mouth and spews ignorance. It doesn't keep me from liking their work, however.

• Like 2
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1182847" timestamp="1408907865"]I have always been able to separate the art from the artist. If you can't, it's your loss, not the artist's. And yeah, that even includes Jane Fonda. - OS[/quote] It's not so much an inability to separate one from the other as it is not completely understanding the ability of some to be a total sell out...

He is probably prohibited from owning firearms like a lot of people who say the same thing. Those who can't have it condemn it for everyone else.

And I think I will send A&E a email letting them know Norman Reedus is the reason I will no longer support TWD or A&E.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

And I think I will send ... a email letting them know Norman Reedus is the reason I will no longer support TWD...

Better get busy vetting the stars, producers, directors, and perhaps sponsors of everything you might think you want to watch ... and then you can free up a lot of time, 'cause there won't be any that will likely pass muster!

Seriously, the art and the artist are almost always separate entities. Then there's folks like Michael Moore, though.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 3

Jane.jpg

I don't forgive her for that, but by the same token these have enriched my life, among others:

They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Klute

Cat Ballou

Julia

Coming Home

The China Syndrome

The Morning After

On Golden Pond

The Electric Horseman

Agnes of God

and of course, the pinnacle of art since the golden age of Greek drama:

barbarella.jpg

- OS

• Like 4

I made a personal decision years ago when some Hollywood actors like Rosie O'Doughnut and Alec Baldwin and some others went off on their anti-gun rants not to give a rats ass what they thought or had to say about my guns. They are just entertainers and nothing more, they certainly are not heros. One of the funniest comedy sketches I ever heard is when Clooney made his speech about how actors like him were somehow more enlightened to the world than everyone else, I never knew Clooney could be that funny. What was even more hillarious is he actually thinks that's true, I never knew Clooney could be such an idiot. Many of them, obviously Clooney have become dis-connected with reality and the world getting anything they want anytime and having idiots kiss their ass all the time. I guess that's where some of them get their opinion of regular working folk from the ones who cater to them and kiss their ass. I like watching movies and listening to music as much as anyone else, I have my favorite bands and actors and enjoy watching and hearing the perform but they are just people like anyone else, no more special or important than anyone else.

These overpaid guys and gals with the inflated sense of self importance seem to forget what they do for a living...a long life of playing make-believe.

All this does is qualify them as to having a good imagination.
  • Like 1

Maybe. It just disappoints me a little when an actor or musician whose work I admire opens up his or her mouth and spews ignorance. It doesn't keep me from liking their work, however.

I still like Hunt For Red October even though Baldwin stars in it, i'm not going to let the fact that he's an idiot off stage ruin a good movie for me. after all his ranting and raving about moving to Canada if Bush got re-elected, at the end of the day it made no difference whatsoever, Bush got re-elected and he didn't move to Canada. All it accomplished was to make alot of people laugh at him.

• Like 1

These overpaid guys and gals with the inflated sense of self importance seem to forget what they do for a living...a long life of playing make-believe.

All this does is qualify them as to having a good imagination.

There are some that use their stardom for real chairty work like feeding starving people or getting them medical care, i'll give them a  :up:  for that. When the use their stardom for political activism they get a :snore:

• Like 1

You'd think a guy who gained most of his fame by portraying a character having to survive in a world where being without a weapon is a death sentence MIGHT stop and think about what it would be like to live in a lawless world. Granted there's no such thing as zombies, but even the show should make you realize...other people are dangerous.

Things could break down fast. Overnight even. Maybe he should read this article about a Bosnian survivor. It's VERY real.

http://cascadianarms.com/blogs/sitrep/15084713-interview-with-a-bosnian-survivalist

Seriously, read the article....