Federal judge strikes down California gun purchase waiting period in some cases

A federal judge in California has struck down a law that requires a 10-day waiting period for gun purchases, but only for current gun owners who have already passed a background check and those who have a permit or certificate of eligibility to own a gun.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/25/federal-judge-strikes-down-california-gun-purchase-waiting-period-in-some-cases/

• Like 1

I really think a lot of the Federal judges are getting tired of all the liberal stuff being put in their courts and have decided to just say NO!!! and maybe it will at least discourage some of the libs from putting garbage up in front of them..............jmho

That had to be an old law, I was stationed there in 94 and had to wait 10 days to pick up my newly aquired 10/22. That state will suck unless they have a full scale interstate revolution. Too bad, it is some prime real estate.
  • Like 1
Guest theconstitutionrocks

Ever notice that the states that have the most restrictive gun laws seem to have the most draconian law enforcement departments? I don't think it's because gun ownership is so difficult but rather it's the governmental mindset.

I think it's because crime is higher too. CA was a police state for sure, I've never see a response show in force like that place. Swarms of cars with a helicopter soon to follow in a few minutes. More innocents are targeted when people can't arm themselves unlike Florida where the majority of shootings happen to other thugs.

I think it's because crime is higher too. CA was a police state for sure, I've never see a response show in force like that place. Swarms of cars with a helicopter soon to follow in a few minutes. More innocents are targeted when people can't arm themselves unlike Florida where the majority of shootings happen to other thugs.

Agreed, it was either the whole cavalry showed up or no one showed up. I cracked off a few rounds once in the suburbs (very safely) just to show the kid across the street (20 year old kid) that if he really had it in his head that the police were infallible and would always be there to protect him, he was sadly mistaken. 3-4 rounds in the middle of daylight and not one cop ever showed up in the neighborhood, at least not on our block. The flip side being a time my buddy was at Chuck E Cheese with his family. Someone was apparently acting a fool as they were leaving and he bumped into a sure as shoot SWAT team on his way out. Sure I can understand the location and all the kids warrants for decisive action, but there was nothing going on that he could see while he was there that warranted SWAT presence. Doesn't mean it was unwarranted, but you'd think someone with better than average situational awareness would have caught wind of something. Edited by TrickyNicky

Well Ugly, It may be Prime Real Estate but a lot of that Prime Real Estate got shook really bad yesterday and it seems that if that Real Estate is not shaking it's burning so either Prime burns really well or Prime is gonna fall off in the ocean 1 day from the shakes and tremors but I just don't see anything prime about it plus their laws suck...............jmho

Agreed, it was either the whole cavalry showed up or no one showed up. I cracked off a few rounds once in the suburbs (very safely) just to show the kid across the street (20 year old kid) that if he really had it in his head that the police were infallible and would always be there to protect him, he was sadly mistaken. 3-4 rounds in the middle of daylight and not one cop ever showed up in the neighborhood, at least not on our block. The flip side being a time my buddy was at Chuck E Cheese with his family. Someone was apparently acting a fool as they were leaving and he bumped into a sure as shoot SWAT team on his way out. Sure I can understand the location and all the kids warrants for decisive action, but there was nothing going on that he could see while he was there that warranted SWAT presence. Doesn't mean it was unwarranted, but you'd think someone with better than average situational awareness would have caught wind of something.

Maybe they just dig the pizza. They probably get it for free.