any one else here using sierra 110gr hp for 300blk need help.

30 cal  110gr for the 300 BLK?  I looked up the loading specs for this and it indicates 20.3br for the lightest load, now it is late at night so I cant call them but I am in the morning when I get up.  But the problem is that when dropping the powder for 20.3gr charge it seems as though the case is full to the top something is ary here, so if anyone is using this and I almost forgot to say that I am using 4227 powder.  And again I went back to make sure on there website that I was lookin at the correct specs and it calls for min of 20.3gr and tried to charge several cases and all would be overfull.     Help!!!!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i did call sierra today, and the tech did say that the info on the website was correct, and that the charge of 20.3 is correct for the minimum load.  I mentioned that at that charge that it was near a full cartrige and he said that was correct, go figure, but I will load a few test and see.  thanks for the response.

A lot of Blackout loads are right at if not at or above 100% case capacity (compressed load) I know how you feel though because no matter what caliber or powder i'm loading, it always makes me cringe a little when I know that the bullet is going to "smoosh" the powder. I'm shooting a 125gr Nosler BT bullet for hunting and i'd have to look to be certain but i'm pretty sure i'm 100%+ on that load and they shoot nicely. 

Ya I loaded 35 last night with 20.3gr and it was right at the top of the case, when we did it, sort of gives an unnerving feeling that something is going to go wrong when those rounds are fired.  I am curious to find out how they are going to shoot, will know soon enough.