2nd Suppressor Purchase

Ok guys so I'm still waiting for my Surefire SOCOM-556-RC form 3 to clear. But in the mean time i'm looking to purchase a 9 mm can. I wanting to run it on a glock 19 and a MP5 clone. I'm thinking a SilencerCo Octane 9 HD 2. Do any of you guys have this can? I'm thinking the SilencerCO over the AAC because of the stainless baffles. Let me know what you guys are thinking!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the AAC evo 9 and from what I understand, silencershop won't be getting anymore of those. 

Edit-apparently they have another shipment: http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-evolution-9/

I would still spend the extra cash for the octane....

I have an octane 9 and a tirant 45.  I would get the octane....suppression is on par with the tirant, but you get stainless baffles and fouling never touches the tube due to their baffles design.  The tirant is a PITA to clean. 

You will not be disappointed in the octane.

Edited by samson7x

That was the AAC evo 9 and from what I understand, silencershop won't be getting anymore of those. 

Edit-apparently they have another shipment: http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-evolution-9/

I would still spend the extra cash for the octane....

I have an octane 9 and a tirant 45.  I would get the octane....suppression is on par with the tirant, but you get stainless baffles and fouling never touches the tube due to their baffles design.  The tirant is a PITA to clean. 

You will not be disappointed in the octane.

Would you have gotten a Octane 45 and just had 1 suppressor? I like the idea of having a dedicated 9mm suppressor but I'm wondering if the db trade off is worth it. The only .45 i have right now is a Kimber 1911, but i don't plan on suppressing it.  

And the baffles are a major plus for the Octane. 

SilencerCo Sparrow in stainless!!!

My Sparrow has brought me more joy than all my other NFA stuff combined. It is multicaliber and I find myself thinking "what can I get in 5.7 and .22 hornet" just to have more stuff to screw it onto. I already use it on multiple .22's and a .22 wmr. Edited by daveW

SilencerCo Sparrow in stainless!!!

My Sparrow has brought me more joy than all my other NFA stuff combined. It is multicaliber and I find myself thinking "what can I get in 5.7 and .22 hornet" just to have more stuff to screw it onto. I already use it on multiple .22's and a .22 wmr.

Hmmmm better than the AAC Prodigy or Element 2?

For ease of use absolutely. There are plenty of cans that are quieter but none are easier to service. A 22 can MUST be cleaned periodically.

That's the reason I'm getting a Sparrow this weekend.

So what makes it easier than the AAC with a mono-core? The stainless steel sleeves that go over the baffle stack?

• 4 weeks later...