Needing feedback on M&P CORE Pro

10ga

I'm thinking seriously about buying a new M&P CORE Pro 9mm in the 5" barrel and was wondering if anyone here has one or has shot one? I have a M&P .45 and M&P Shield 9mm and I really like them. I wanting the CORE model so I can get a red dot for it. I was looking at the FNX Tactical but I think I would like the 9mm plus I love my other M&P's. Just curious what others think about them and also which red dot you would go with. I'm looking to spend up to $400 on a red dot but my cousin has a Vortex Razor that he said he would take $325 for so that sounds even better because they're $480 new. 

Thanks for your help

Well dang, I don't have the CORE, but I have a 5" M&P Pro 40 and I love the crap out of it! Like you, I have a fullsize M&P and a shield, as well as a compact.

The Pro has a better trigger than the stock guns, and I like the different/stippled feel of the grip inserts vs the normal grips. The extended barrel and slide just feel right and comfortable to me. Plus, it looks awesome! I haven't grown to love optics yet, so in that regard I am of zero help to you. But, if you like the M&P platform I couldn't recommend the Pro any more highly. It's just a great gun. My regular 40 fullsize has been relegated to drawer/glovebox duty since the Pro moved in.
20140619_215813_zps1tw9o5q0.jpg

• Like 1

The "PRO" model is on my short list for sure. I've not had the opportunity to shoot one yet but I have got a regular full size as my carry pistol and my wife has a Shield so I guess the pro would round out the 9mm M&P collection.

I wished I could find out if S&W plan to come out with a .45 CORE. If I thought that would happen in the next year or so, I would hold off. I have a M&P full size .45 and a M&P 9mm Shield and I love both of them. Today a buddy got me thinking about the Glock 41 so now another gun is in the mix but as a previous Glock owner, I like my M&P's better. That 41 is pretty sweet though. 

Edited by 10ga

I didn't get to dove hunt today so I got a little bored and decided to do a little painting on my M&P's. I used some of my wife's white nail polish and it worked great. 

[URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/10ga/media/MampPPAINT4_zps60e1f3de.jpeg.html]MampPPAINT4_zps60e1f3de.jpeg[/URL]

[URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/10ga/media/MampPPAINT3_zps3a9b3abb.jpeg.html]MampPPAINT3_zps3a9b3abb.jpeg[/URL]