Surplus Pistol Powder from David

This evening picked up 4 more pounds of the surplus pistol powder from Mr. David.

Great fellow to deal with.

I have been using it for 9mm and it is good for this but I really like it in 45 ACP.

Been reloading Hornady 230gr XTP, Magnus 230gr JHP and Magnus 215gr LSWC with it for a new Glock gen4 21.

I have put quite a few of these rounds down range and this powder, in my opinion, works extremely well in the 45 ACP.

I went ahead and purchased Lee dies and powder measure disc system and mount so I can reload 9mm or 45 by just changing out the turret.

I also having a good time with the LCT press, good equipment.

Good to hear!

I've been on a loading spree with the identical Lee press you have. Got it almost ten years ago and still performs flawlessly. Cranked out 700 rds of 40 between Thursday and Friday night last week, 50 357 mag last night, and 150 38 spc tonight. Whew! My ammo cabinet is starting to look very healthy again! Tomorrow I plan to continue the streak with 44mag, and end the week with 9mm. Next week I might work up my very first 10MM.

I enjoy making ammo almost as much as I enjoy using it. What about you?
  • Like 1

That 215 gr. Magnus SWC has the biggest meplat of any pistol bullet available.  I think it is the old Saeco 85 mold.  If it works in your gun, it is as good a defense or bowling pin bullet as you can get.  I will take a big meplat over the potential of HP expansion any day.

It works great in 1911s and Glocks.  Some Sigs are selective about SWCs.  I had one 220 that would not shoot them and one that would function flawlessly with them.  I would jump at the chance to buy one of the old Saeco molds so I could cast them with softer alloy than Magnus uses.

I really like the looks and accuracy of the Magnus 215gr LSWC. I got 500 of them and reloaded them over 5.6gr of the surplus pistol powder @ 1.200" with Federal, Starline and R-P brass and Federal LPP. A very good load in my G21.

Edited by DWARREN123