Moved Away from Tennessee, Already Missing it Dearly

My wife & I moved back to Missouri last May thinking we would like being back "home" with our family. I got approached by an employer & it looked to be a great opportunity. Taking into account that things with my employer in Tennessee were going downhill very quickly, we decided to pack it up & head back west. We have been here over 3 months & now we are second guessing our decision. Plus, the employer that hired me seems to have fluffed up the compensation potential during my interview process. It's not as good as they said it would be. We love our family, the wide open spaces of Missouri, & other things. But we really miss our friends (extended family), the great people, the things to do, the mountains, & many other things in Tennessee. Honestly, I'm really getting the itch to move back. The wife misses her friends, but "is tired of moving".

I MIGHT have an opportunity coming up to potentially move to west Tennessee (not Memphis). It's close enough to home, but still in Tennessee. Of course, it's still not East Tennessee where we already have a church & lots of friends.

Not really sure what to do. Stay in Missouri & see how it goes, or find a job & go back? I've already applied for a few jobs in Knoxville & contacted a bunch of recruiters. I may just keep doing that to see what opportunities pop around.
Good luck! Things happen for a reason wether we figure it out or not, if you find yourself in the east you'll have the best view TN has to offer in my opinion. Farther from the family though. Hopefully it goes your way and there is a good balance.

Not really sure what to do. Stay in Missouri & see how it goes, or find a job & go back? I've already applied for a few jobs in Knoxville & contacted a bunch of recruiters. I may just keep doing that to see what opportunities pop around.

What do you do? There's always the possibility someone might be able to pass your resume on.

The only regret I have is I had the opportunity to moved up into the Mountains in East Tennessee about 10 years ago and it was a great offer and I didn't do it. Other than that I am still in Tennessee. I think if i would have known who was going to run and get elected in 2008 I wold have taken the offer........... :shrug: :whistle: :whistle: 

Thanks guys. I am pushing my résumé up the chain at a large company right now. I saved the contact info of a recruiter who approached me about a job there a couple years ago. They might be looking for someone that can cover the western half of Tennessee. If that's the case, I'll likely get an interview. My friend just got hired by them to cover all of East Tennessee. The pay is great, the benefits are awesome, & there's lots of upward mobility.

If hired, I'll likely move to the Kentucky Lake area, or possibly the Jackson, TN area since it's closer to Nashville. We'll see. I do know that I want to leave my current employer because the benefits suck ($5k deductible, crappy dental, & no vision) & the training is sub par too.

BTW, for those who asked. I am a Sales Engineer. I basically solve engineering applications at factories & then sell them the technology to do it. I'm not a full blown engineer though. I'm really just a high tech salesman.
IDK west TN is *so* different from middle or east TN that I don't think I'd do it. I'd hold out for something that would put you back east. West TN doesn't seem a whole lot different than what I've seen of Missouri. I've lived in Memphis and spent enough time in Jackson, now live in middle TN and it's so much better. East TN is even more scenic. I can't see being happy in west TN after living in/near the Smokies.