Damn Beretta. ;)

Steelharp

So, I've always hated the feel of their guns in my hand. Too damn big a grip for 15 rounds. That club should have 18-19 in it.

Well, I finally actually shot a 92FS yesterday. First round went off to the right a bit, because I wasn't ready for how the thing would work. Next three went right in the X (21 feet). Just kept going till the mag was empty. No more in the X, but a pretty respectable first outing with a platform I wasn't familiar with.

Dammit. I DO like the thing.

No, I don't own one. Can't afford one. Not right now. How are the (shudder) Taurus clones?

.....How are the (shudder) Taurus clones?

With Beretta moving their whole shebang to TN, that sort of seems like heresy!

Btw, my take on the Tarurus "92" is that they are likely the best thing Taurus makes, many folks like the decocker location better,  and they'll work well until they don't -- which isn't likely nearly as long as the McCoy.

But again, wouldn't you like to have one made in TN? I have two 92FSs and dang if I won't be tempted to do some kind of deal on one to get one that says TN on it. But I guess it may be a good long while before the first ones roll out.

Baretta92-both.jpg

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
Wife shot her inox yesterday and she has small hands. After I put the adjustable rear sight on it, it shoots at poa for the both of us. I also added stainless steel guide rod because I just don't like plastic.

I also own M9 that I did the same mods too. Both guns function without problems. I like both, but wheel guns are my thing.

Mike just buy one you know you want one. ;) Edited by joe45
I had to carry the Berretta club as a MP for six years. I have always said that everyone can shoot a Berretta but no one shoots them great. I just have a neutral opinion on them after shooting probably more than ten thousand rounds through them. I have heard more than one person say that the Taurus 92 is every bit as great of a gun as the real thing with a few things done better. The biggest let down of the Taurus is not being able to use Berretta magazines. Fortunately you can use the same holsters; with so many service members carrying Berrettas over the years there are a ton of holsters on the used market. Edited by Patton

Why would they say made in TN? They say made in USA, correct? I never really looked closely at one to see a state designation.

Well, my Md made ones say ackk, Md or something like that so I would ASSUME that ones made in Tennessee would have some kind of marking on it saying where it's made.

Why would they say made in TN? They say made in USA, correct? I never really looked closely at one to see a state designation.

Do you own any firearms?  :)  Ever read what's written on them, (at least the ones after 1968 I believe)?

Here's why:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/27/478.92

Though really, most every gun maker would put city and state on them even in the olden days.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

So, I've always hated the feel of their guns in my hand. Too damn big a grip for 15 rounds. That club should have 18-19 in it.

Well, I finally actually shot a 92FS yesterday. First round went off to the right a bit, because I wasn't ready for how the thing would work. Next three went right in the X (21 feet). Just kept going till the mag was empty. No more in the X, but a pretty respectable first outing with a platform I wasn't familiar with.

Dammit. I DO like the thing.

No, I don't own one. Can't afford one. Not right now. How are the (shudder) Taurus clones?

I just did a quick look on gunsamerica website.  Saw a Taurus 92 for $429.  But I also saw a Beretta 92FS for $419.  It's in Henderson, TN.

I've had both a 92FS and a PT92. The Beretta had a bit better finish but I always could shoot better with the Taurus and the safety/decocker position also felt much better and easier to operate on the PT92. It also comes with an incorporated key-lockable safety. Now magazines don't interchange between them so if you like a lot of mags you can probably find surplus Beretta mags a lot easier and cheaper.
  • Like 1

Well, my Md made ones say ackk, Md or something like that ....

Yeah, they abbreviate Accokeek on the pistols. So they may abbreviate "Gallatin" too, who knows.

so I would ASSUME that ones made in Tennessee would have some kind of marking on it saying where it's made.

All guns have to by federal law, domestic and imported ones. You do too, when you "manufacture" your SBR and whatnot.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I have a Beretta and have owned a Taurus 92 and shot a couple of other Taurus 92s. The decocker/safety on the Taurus can be cocked and locked. On the Beretta, moving from fire to safe passes through the decocker step and lowers the hammer. It's on the frame on the Taurus, making it a little easier to reach, esp for someone with small hands. Not only are the mags not interchangeable, but because of the relocated safety, neither are the grips. The fit/finish on the Beretta is a little better. The gaps are tighter. The biggest difference to me is the trigger pull. It's noticeably smoother on the Beretta. Personally, I don't like the gigantic lettering that Taurus feels the need to emblazon on every slide they produce, so there's that too. I do like the look of the polished stainless Taurus more than the Inox Beretta. Heresy, I know.

• Like 1

Do you own any firearms?  :)  Ever read what's written on them, (at least the ones after 1968 I believe)?

Here's why:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/27/478.92

Though really, most every gun maker would put city and state on them even in the olden days.

- OS

Lol... you made me look. My Glocks just say Austria... but S&W does say Springfield, Mass, and the Rugers say Prescott, AZ.

Never really noticed. Guess they WILL say GALL, TN or something like that.

Yeah, I'll HAVE to have that.

IMHO Berettas are just beautifully built handguns. If you buy one, odds are it won't be your last. I'll definetely buy a TN built model, but Cougars have always been my favorite to shoot. If you ever have the chance to try out a Beretta Cougar you'll fall in love.

8040 D Cougar (No safety or decocker...just point & shoot)

015_zps1aa00a68.jpg

92G & 96G Elites

009-12.jpg

• Like 3