Maybe I just need to stay home lol.

Tobashadow

What a weird experience today, my daily driver is down with a bad lifter so I'm having to drive one of my other vehicles. I stopped for gas and forgot that the gas cap was about five feet further back and stopped too far back at the pump. I went in and paid then noticed it and as I was pulling about four feet forward a woman drove up behind me past the other two empty pumps and turned her car sideways behind me and got out and grabbed the pump and started fueling her car. She even commented oh you already pre paid $25 and just smiled and kept pumping my gas as I protested. I finally yanked the nozzle out of her car about the time the store manager got out there who made her pay for the difference then leave. She was complaining about gas on her car as she was leaving and I told her I could care less. What is wrong with people?

A good portion of America (and the world for that matter) has no soul, no ethics and no inhibitions anymore.

Anyone can be offended for any reason and somewhere there is someone that will back them up as being the victim.  Somewhere a group is waiting for this women to come to the spotlight so they can show us how unreasonable you were.

• Like 5

Is it bad that i'm not even surprised? I'm glad the store worker came out and dealt with it though. I'm sure that was a lot easier than dealing with it yourself and then the hooch calling the law and making up some story about you stealing from her.

• Like 1
  • Authorized Vendor

A good portion of America (and the world for that matter) has no soul, no ethics and no inhibitions anymore.

Anyone can be offended for any reason and somewhere there is someone that will back them up as being the victim.  Somewhere a group is waiting for this women to come to the spotlight so they can show us how unreasonable you were.

Perfectly stated. :up:

I assume this woman attempted to pay at the pump, but couldn't. Then she realizes the pump is already "on" and starts pumping anyway. Until you told her, I'd bet she had no clue YOU were the source of her free gas, she just thought she hit the free gas lottery. She'd probably have driven off and bragged to her friends about getting free gas, if you had been a little later getting out there. Some people don't see this as theft any more than they would if they found 2 Hershey bars instead of 1 in the trap door of the vending machine. It's sad how loose many peoples' morals have become. Edited by BigK

I don't think we will ever see the America most of us here grew up in.  I think those days are gone for ever and a new country is being born where America use to be. I also don't think the people will like the new one half as much as we loved our old one........jmho

I don't think we will ever see the America most of us here grew up in.  I think those days are gone for ever and a new country is being born where America use to be. I also don't think the people will like the new one half as much as we loved our old one........jmho

How very sad, but I agree; it's probably very true.

I disagree, BigK. She passed two pumps and turned sideways to get to the pump. I read that as she clearly saw the OP pre-pay and get in his vehicle to perhaps leave, (forgetting to pump), or with full intent to steal his gas. I wouldn't care that the manager made her pay for the gas, I would have called the PoPo anyways for theft. Let her explain her actions to them - although they'd probably show up 30 minutes after she left.

TMF: Cut the valvestem instead. It's only about $4.50 rather than a $200 tire getting you into more serious trouble with the PoPo.

• Like 1

If we continue to do nothing about it, that will certainly be the case. 

edit... and I'm not pointing fingers.  I'm as guilty as anyone else. 

Edited by peejman

Tobias just explained why I don't like to get out much... I try to go out before the riff-raff gets up; which is usually by about 9:00 am or so....I try to finish by 9:00... From there on, the trash just gets thicker....

leroy

I did see an old man teach a few young punks a lesson about a year ago in a Filling station. The old gentleman appeared to be an older farmer had stopped and I was right behind him when he prepaid for some fuel in line. About that time these 3 punks pulled up on the outside lane of pumps just across from the old mans truck and of course they picked his pump and put the nozzle in their car and were surprised that the pump was already on. The old gentleman told them that he had paid for that pump and they all laugh and said thanks for paying for our gas pops and all went inside. The old man stepped past the pumps and removed the nozzle from their tank and went and put it in the drivers side window that was down and locked it open putting what little was still pumping in the drivers front seat. He turned and saw me staring at him and I just smiled and he tips the brim of his hat to me and got in his old truck and drove off.  Needless to say the manager had already called the police and I could hear them coming as the punks approached their car. Man I heard words I have not heard in years when they saw what that old man did. Needless to say the old man was a local man and the punks in the car were from a college up in Illinois that were heading for home after Spring Break. I don't know what ever happened to the punks except the Wrecker came and got the car per police orders and they were placed in the back of the Squad Car. One police officer did come and ask me if I saw anything and i said "pertaining to what?" and he looked at me and smiled and walked away. He knew I had no plans of telling him squat.............. :shrug: .... :shrug:

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

Holy crap! I have no idea people would go that low. I will admit tho, it would have been mildly amusing. 

It is not safe to mess with old men. They have been around a lot more years and seen more than most young people and my guess is he also had a Zippo lighter in his pocket for starting fires on the farm..................jmho

P. S. It was kind of amusing and I can only wonder if those brainiacs going back to school learned anything from the school of hard knocks?????

Edited by bersaguy

It is not safe to mess with old men. They have been around a lot more years and seen more than most young people and my guess is he also had a Zippo lighter in his pocket for starting fires on the farm..................jmho

P. S. It was kind of amusing and I can only wonder if those brainiacs going back to school learned anything from the school of hard knocks?????

Not to mention what is going on in their mind from these ridiculous gas prices! The land of make believe is a lot more miserable than Mr Rogers used to portray!
Just filled up the truck and I wondered if I should've stayed home to keep me from getting po'd!