Kroger latest target

Saw the full page ad in today's Tennessean. Selective pasting on my part.

The moms are taking the gun control fight to Kroger's backyard.

On Thursday, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a gun control group backed by former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's considerable financial resources, will blanket half a dozen newspapers with ads meant to pressure the grocery giant to stop allowing customers to openly carry firearms in its stores. The ads will be displayed on the newspapers' websites as well as on a billboard in Cincinnati, where Kroger's corporate headquarters is based, according to the group.

The ads will contrast images of shoppers doing things that are currently prohibited in Kroger's stores -- such as eating ice cream and shopping while shirtless -- with images of people carrying rifles. "Guess which one" isn't allowed at Kroger, the tag line says. (Scroll down for full images of the group's ads.)

Other companies previously targeted by Moms Demand Action initially made similar statements, before reversing course and requesting that gun owners not bring weapons inside their stores or restaurants. Chipotle, Sonic, Target and Starbucks have all changed their policies in response to the group's demands.

Edit to delete link to the "moms" website.

Edited by oldman

no stupid kids getting ice cream or other food all over the place....

no stupid kids skateboarding around causing problems and hurting people...

No idiots running around half dressed and disgusting...

People carrying weapons...

Sounds like a great place to me.

I haven't shopped at Kroger in over a year... guess I'll go there today, I need a few things.

• Like 4

Sonic has changed their policy??? I was at one last week. I don't recall seeing a sign when I ordered. Its a drive in. If they dont want me parked there and eating while carrying then I'll take my business elsewhere.

Target is posted? Guess it's hard to see a sticker on a door that slides open before you get to it. :shrug:

Neither are posted... neither prohibit guns.  They just publicly said that they'd prefer people not bring guns... just to get the MDA to shut up and go away.

• Like 2
[quote name="cjohnson44546" post="1186500" timestamp="1409896031"]Neither are posted... neither prohibit guns.  They just publicly said that they'd prefer people not bring guns... just to get the MDA to shut up and go away.[/quote

Exactly. All were targeted by "moms" to scare/intimidate the sheeple. Disgusting.
  • Like 1

These "moms" sure are pushy!

Sure they are pushy. They have unlimited funds to spend and with that kind of power believe me they will find a lot of ways to spend it.....................jmho   I did write Kroger and thank them for their stance on firearms in their stores and I think if Kroger does any moves at all in will be a request that if and when shopping in their stores keep firearms concealed which is how I shop there anyway...........jmho

Ok ,  have been shopping at Krogers for about 25 years and I have yet to see anyone walking around with an AR or AK or SKS wrapped around their neck. Now yesterday I was in Krogers picking up a few items and I did see a young mother with two children that looked to e in the 4 to 6 age group and she was printing what appeared to be a Glock. It was not an obvious print that 95% of people would not be able to pick out but gun people see things that most people do not. So there is a Mom that plans on protecting her children and I would damn sure not want to get on her wrong side........................jmho  

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 3

As more and more businesses begin to realize that we as legal licensed citizens have the law on our side and MAD does not more and more businesses are going to realize we have more of a legal right to be in their place of business that the MAD people that have no real legal law supporting their agenda except 1st Amendment and we as gun owners legally licensed we have 1st, 2nd, and a couple more Amendments in the Constitution behind what we represent.

Lets face the fact that MAD members have to shop someplace and MAD members will go out to eat some place. They will shop in the same Department Stores like Target and all these years the have been doing so and been surrounded by guns and didn't even know it in 95%+ of the cases. They were a lot safer with the guns around them than they are in Gun Free Zones and to stupid to see it..............jmho

Well, Since I have never eaten in one of their places anyway won't be no loss on my end. Sooner or later these companies that are jumping on the Gun Free Zone Band Wagon is going to begin to find it harder and harder to meet their expenses when they realize they have put up a sign that just cut their bottom line just about in half if the Pro Gun people begin refusing to leave their guns at home and just begin eating and doing business in pro gun businesses. I know I won't go into any gun free place of business now that is clearly marked as No Gun Allowed. I also will try to avoid those fence straddlers also if possible. I figure if we don't do business with them and tell them why they will have to get off the fence on one side or the other..........................jmho

That's just it. They aren't putting a sign up. They want your money, they just want to spit in your face too. Now, I can understand Starbuck's position since those Texas eejits forced their hand but I have no respect for this Panera thing at all.

They posted on the electronic billboard on Myatt Drive near Gallatin Pk. I meant to take a picture but was a little preocupied. It stated something similar to tell Kroger to say no to guns and had a picture of a male what looked like a rifle slung from the distance.

I went to Kroger. com

Find the customer comments under customer service and send them an email indicating you appreciate their decision to honor local state laws as applicable to their individual stores.

I sent an email stating we are long time customers, and appreciate that they recognize that the decision of the individual states where their stores are located to allow citizen carry.  Further that they are correct in rejecting pressure from outside political groups that do not reflect the clear intent of the people of the state that have enacted constitutional or permitted carry in the many states where their stores are located.

We should all inundate Kroger with kudos for basically stating "we will follow state law".  

I went to Kroger. com

Find the customer comments under customer service and send them an email indicating you appreciate their decision to honor local state laws as applicable to their individual stores.

I sent an email stating we are long time customers, and appreciate that they recognize that the decision of the individual states where their stores are located to allow citizen carry.  Further that they are correct in rejecting pressure from outside political groups that do not reflect the clear intent of the people of the state that have enacted constitutional or permitted carry in the many states where their stores are located.

We should all inundate Kroger with kudos for basically stating "we will follow state law".  

I went to Kroger. com

I did that soon as the link was may available and already got my reply back which is just reply to their earlier stand on the issue. They plan on following state laws and not a political issue pushed by people who don't really know anything except what they are told..............jmho