New to ft campbell

Im from texas and just recently got stationed at ft campbell. I hunted back in texas almost daily mostly for hogs and other pests when not in deer season. Also looking for a 6.5 creedmoor bolt action so i figured id join a local forum as opposed to the many others i belong to that are nationwide.

Ill check it out and see how far it is from me. I will be checking out cabelas too once they open in bowling green. Glad theyre building one here as im used to having a cabelas around to window shop at.

yea, looking forward to it myself. I like Bass-Pro in Nashville but seldom do I find any good prices and the tax kills any I do find; so it may offer a good compromise.
Thanks everyone. Ive asked about hogs since coming here but the few that knew anything about hogs in the area said they were in kentucky. Also i seen that had a weatherby in stock but by the time i went to place my order it was gone. However they had a ruger american predator in 6.5 but idk about that. Just seems too light and cheap lookin even the mag was plastic.

Welcome and thanks for your service!

Back in the day (1973) I was there, 2/17 Air Cav. for my last year of active Army service.

It's my understanding there are feral hogs on Ft. Campbell that you can gain permission to hunt if you so desire?

Yea, I've heard that but never seen any sign of them or heard of anyone say they dropped one. They also used to be shotgun, BP only so range was an issue if you did see one. I bought a magazine fed rifled SG when I hunted FTCKY, now it just sits here collecting dust.