And now Panera joins the ranks of the noncommital statement

Well, it looks like Panera has joined other businesses that say, "We'd like it if customers don't bring guns to our establishments but we aren't going to do anything to stop you."  They say that they won't post signs and won't say anything to folks who are seen to be carrying.  Just another attempt to appease the members of Bloomberg's Mentally Deficient A**holes (aka Moms Demand Action) and allow them to claim a 'victory' without really changing anything.  Although functionally these non-commital statements don't make any, real difference I do find them annoying in that they present the surface appearance that the businesses in question are agreeing with the Morons for the Disarmament of Americans which could lend weight to that group's argument in the future.  You know how the adage goes - tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.

I honestly think I have maybe been to Panera once in the last three years.  Their stuff is okay but it isn't great and it is overpriced, IMO.  On the off chance that I do go there in the future I certainly won't go out of my way to not carry my gun.

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--panera-asks-diners-to-leave-guns-at-home?gt1=33048&ocid=ansmony11

Edited by JAB

Mom's Demand Action is kicking our ass right now.

True in appearances if not in actual practice.  in reality, I guess these responses constitute sort of the handgun carry version of 'don't ask, don't tell.'  Not enough to make me necessarily avoid places like Panera (well, no more than I already do, anyway) and I will 'respectfully ignore' their 'respectful requests' and carry if I do go there.  As I said, though, I think the real problem is that such responses give the appearance of victories for Mindless Dim-witted Aberrations which could give them more momentum in the future.

The idiots carrying AR-15's are not helping us though.

I believe that is the absolute truth.

Edited by JAB

Mom's Demand Action is kicking our ass right now. The idiots carrying AR-15's are not helping us though.

Found this story about Mom's Demand Action on another site. "Moms Demand Leader Deemed A Threat To Her Kids, Barred From Owning Guns" ...dumbassery surounds this woman ... http://bearingarms.com/moms-demand-leader-deemed-threat-kids-barred-owning-guns/

Edited by luvmyberetta
  • Like 1

Yes, blame Open Carry Texas..  not the Texas legislature that refuses to allow open carrying of handguns with a permit.  Or better yet the open carrying of handguns without a permit.

They're trying to make a point, they are trusted to walk around with a loaded rifle ready to go to war...  but accidentally uncover your pistol and you're a criminal.

I blame assholes like Open Carry Texas as much as those Mom's Demand Action morons for these types of policies. I don't blame a business for requesting that fat mall ninjas not wear AR-15s into their stores, regardless of whether they have a right to or not..

Moms Demand Action demand a specific action be taken by Panera Bread.  Panera Bread does not give them what they want.  No analysis of what happened here should tell us Moms Demand Action won in this instance.

Recognize the scoring rules of the game being played for what they are.  Just because a business doesn't tell Moms Demand Action to piss off and sign up for a lifetime membership with the NRA doesn't mean it's a loss for our side.

As an aside, Panera may have some high prices, but their bread bowl soups are good. 

• Like 1
I'm glad to see someone finally taking a stand against people who lawfully carry firearms and have no intent to do harm or break the law. As we know, it's the law abiding citizen who is responsible for all these mass shootings and armed robberies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I'm glad to see someone finally taking a stand against people who lawfully carry firearms and have no intent to do harm or break the law. As we know, it's the law abiding citizen who is responsible for all these mass shootings and armed robberies.

Hold on a sec...  is that sarcasm?  I can never tell...

<_<

• Like 1

"The results from a poll we brought you earlier this week show an overwhelming majority of Americans think that Panera did not go far enough in ensuring the safety of their customers by completely banning firearms from their locations"

It would not surprise me one bit.

If your handgun is concealed, you have nothing to worry about.  Most every large corporation has some sort of no guns policy.  That is just how they operate.  Get a good holster, cover your handgun, and you will be fine.  Those businesses should never know that you are carrying.

I don't blame a business for requesting that fat mall ninjas not wear AR-15s into their stores

Perhaps if the stores actually used this language in their press statements, it might embarass these eejits into going back to their parents' basements.

Edited by tnguy

They're trying to make a point, they are trusted to walk around with a loaded rifle ready to go to war...  but accidentally uncover your pistol and you're a criminal.

The point they are actually making in the minds of the public is that gun owners can't be trusted to exercise simple common sense.

• Like 2

Perhaps if the stores actually used this language in their press statements, it might embarass these eejits into going back to their parents' basements.

If a store used those exact words I'd stand in line to buy their overpriced tea.

• Like 1

"The results from a poll we brought you earlier this week show an overwhelming majority of Americans think that Panera did not go far enough in ensuring the safety of their customers by completely banning firearms from their locations"

If this is a quote from CNBC about their poll, then how exactly did they come to that conclusion? The wording of the poll beyond poor. I personally chose "Yes, for the worse" because they said they didn't want customers to bring in guns, unlike Kroger who said we follow state law and trust the people who shop with us.

Retired cowboys have met at Paneras in Hixson several times.  They like us and don't mind when we move several tables together to just talk and drink.  I've OCd there a few times but mostly conceal.  I don't go there much but now I'll go just to see what if anything they post.  Tennessee may be the Buckle on the Bible Belt, but that belt is a gun belt.  I doubt anything will change.

Cherokee Slim

If this is a quote from CNBC about their poll, then how exactly did they come to that conclusion? The wording of the poll beyond poor. I personally chose "Yes, for the worse" because they said they didn't want customers to bring in guns, unlike Kroger who said we follow state law and trust the people who shop with us.

It was a joke which lampoons the mental pretzel liberal media will twist themselves in to generate the stories that they put out. They could turn a story of Mitt Romney donating a kidney to a mentally handicapped, transgendered lesbian Nigerian woman into how he is hateful monster who eats babies. It's a gift.

• Like 2

Yes, blame Open Carry Texas..  not the Texas legislature that refuses to allow open carrying of handguns with a permit.  Or better yet the open carrying of handguns without a permit.

I could crawl on all fours down the sidewalk on Gay Street in downtown Knoxville panting and barking like a dog to protest leash laws and likely wouldn't be doing anything illegal.  Just because it might not be illegal, though, wouldn't make doing so a good idea or make me look like any less of an idiot while doing it.  Such action would also be unlikely to win support for my 'cause'.  The same applies to carrying a rifle into a restaurant - "legal to do" and "you are an idiot for doing it" are not mutually exclusive.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1