8th Annual ORSA Toys for Tots Match - 1 November

Time to sign up the ORSA's 8th Annual Toys for Tots match to be held 1 November!  If you have not already experienced the match, it is an action pistol "hybrid" match, using IDPA scoring and "IPSC no-rules."  There will be 8 fun and challenging stages, a free lunch, and a great prize table.  Prizes are awarded using a variation of the Lewis System, so virtually any one has a chance on getting a top prize off the table.  Guns that are legal for IDPA or USPSA Limited are allowed - though 10 round limit on magazines, and holster and mag styles and placement consistent with IDPA / production class rules.  Cost is only $35 + a new toy (minimum $15 value).  Application available at our Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/ORSA-Toys-for-Tots/1474924499437284

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So run my production rig...........you know me I miss a lot!

Have you not been to it before?  I think the last two years at least BigJ had an all steel stage with a high round count... lots of folks left steel standing on it.  Mystery stage is usually a bugger for me.  Last years SO comment:  man, that was the fastest run we've seen all day... of course you left 3 targets untouched, but man that was fast! :)

• Like 1

Craig are you shooting that revolver?

Nope gonna run my M&P and the last of this batch of fal coated bullets.  With the tight shots and longer than usual distances...well for me at least...I know I can make those shots with the M&P. When your shooting for top of the lowest sector need all the edges I can get.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The match is quickly filling up.. Less than 20 slots remain open as of 10/23.  Please get your applications in as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. I hate to turn people away but we are limiting the match to 105 shooters on Saturday.  Please visit our Facebook page for more info and an application:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/ORSA-Toys-for-Tots/1474924499437284

I'm curious how the weather will effect the turn out.

And Dan you know that top Bronze spot is MINE!

You gotta out sandbag me boy. And I'm an expert. I'm also shooting an unproven gun so I got that bronze on lock Edited by dlmeadows

The weather DIDN'T effect the turn out!    Parking lot was full at 8 am.......scared me for a min!

I'll confess that I thought about actually tanking the match. I didn't shoot my best game but I still shot too good to get into Bronze. 

• Like 1