ATF Approved POST 1986 MG on Form 1!!!!!!

And they have already rescinded it. He has been notified if he builds it he will be in violation of the law.

But there are lawyers all over this.

I will probably submit because those in the know are saying that those that have submitted between now and when the law is amended will be approved. But once the law has been amended it will no longer be possible.

BTW, this is only a form 1 trust submission.

I think the entire NFA is unconstitutional and should be abolished.

That is what we need to work on instead of trying to find a technicality or loophole in their bureaucratic rule making on our rights. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like 7

I really can't see the courts allowing this to continue.  It's 50/50 for the folks who made these guns but ok, even if a few trickle back in.. you can bet you butt IF they stay approved they'll never be transferable so good job for the few who beat the system.  They will (looks like they have) stop approving them. You can also bet you fanny those folks will probably be watched like a hawk and the second they light up a cigarette in a no-smoking zone will probably be picked up and hassled.

How I see it, a trust is not a person but on the same token a person is not a trust. Yet it is a person who "makes" the machinegun which after May, 1986 can only be done for use by a governmental agency.  A trust cannot make anything, it can only be the recipient of property.  I think you'll see the ATF push this fact pretty heavily. 

I also agree with John.. I know folks with $100K of transferables who would gladly see their guns back worth nothing in a heartbeat to get the 1986 law reversed and MGs allowed again.

Will be an interesting set of events to follow.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, ownership of inanimate objects should not be regulated at all. What should be regulated is the person owning the item. That is if I can legally own a single shot 22 I should be able to legally own a 50 BMG machine gun in the same manner. If I want to own a tank, hand grenades or a fighter jet I should be able to if I can own a 22 and if I can afford it.

Every single time something was passed limiting firearm ownership the democrats were in control. Make no mistake gun control is, ultimately, about control of the people. We have seen it time and time again, democrats say we cannot have something yet they demand the same thing they aim to control.

• Like 4

Personally, ownership of inanimate objects should not be regulated at all. What should be regulated is the person owning the item. That is if I can legally own a single shot 22 I should be able to legally own a 50 BMG machine gun in the same manner. If I want to own a tank, hand grenades or a fighter jet I should be able to if I can own a 22 and if I can afford it.

Every single time something was passed limiting firearm ownership the democrats were in control. Make no mistake gun control is, ultimately, about control of the people. We have seen it time and time again, democrats say we cannot have something yet they demand the same thing they aim to control.

I lot of truth in this!  If not entirely the truth!

Umm, wasn't Reagan and the republicans in control of the WH and Senate when the 1986 MG ban was passed... Heck,, Bush Sr was the Senate Pres. Republicans have not always been our friend unfortunately.

When the 1986 FOPA law was passed, the Dems held solid control of the House (253-182). Republicans held a 7 seat lead in the Senate (53-47) and they had the WH. The bill itself was introduced by a Republican Senator, James McClure of Idaho.

The 1934 and 1968 were 100% Democrat.

Don't ever think that either party has your best interests in mind.

Edited by monkeylizard

When the 1986 FOPA law was passed, the Dems held solid control of the House (253-182). Republicans held a 7 seat lead in the Senate (53-47) and they had the WH. The bill itself was introduced by a Republican Senator, James McClure of Idaho.

Short of gun laws being repealed, FOPA was actually a good thing  .. until the last minute when the machine gun part was thrown in.

Read up on that, and especially how Charlie Rangel muscled it through with bogus voice vote and watch your blood pressure rise.

- OS

Short of gun laws being repealed, FOPA was actually a good thing .. until the last minute when the machine gun part was thrown in.

Read up on that, and especially how Charlie Rangel muscled it through with bogus voice vote and watch your blood pressure rise.

- OS

There is a link to a video of that on YouTube in the arfcom thread. It is a complete sham.

Short of gun laws being repealed, FOPA was actually a good thing  .. until the last minute when the machine gun part was thrown in.

See, I am not sure FOPA really is all that great. The law is somewhat vague and is violated by states like NY and NJ all the time. I rather go into those states knowing I have no protection under the law instead of what currently happens which is anyone's guess about being arrested if stopped while traveling through there.

FOPA doesn't do squat to protect people in places like New York or New Jersey who are passing through.  About the only good thing that FOPA did was remove the requirement that your name be recorded when you buy ammo and also basically open up mail order sales of ammo.

FOPA doesn't do squat to protect people in places like New York or New Jersey who are passing through. 

Don't see how you can claim that. Of course it does.

However, it's no defense if one doesn't transport the guns/ammo according to its stipulations. Every case I've ever seen in the news, the busted party did not adhere to them.

- OS