Revell models has banned the Swastika.

Will Carry

I hate Nazis, especially Illinois Nazis but I got a model airplane kit for my birthday of a Stuka dive bomber and it does not have a swastika decal to go on the plane's tail. Revell does not offer a Swastika decal on any of it's models.  How can I have an evil German airplane model without the dad gum Swastika?  If you want a Swastika on a Revell model you have to buy aftermarket ones.

stuka-dive-bomber.jpg

Edited by Will Carry

I hate Nazis, especially Illinois Nazis but I got a model airplane kit for my birthday of a Stuka dive bomber and it does not have a swastika decal to go on the plane's tail. Revell does not offer a Swastika decal on any of it's models.  How can I have an evil German airplane model without the dad gum Swastika?  If you want a Swastika on a Revell model you have to but aftermarket ones.

stuka-dive-bomber.jpg

If you had a Swastika on a scale model airplane you might scare all the Liberals..umm, I mean the little children & we can't have that....

Shock1_zps70135587.gif

Edited by luvmyberetta

WTF!

There's some interesting information out there about this.  Apparently, they have models both with and without.  Swastikas are outlawed in Germany and Revell is a German company (or part of it is, typical corporate voodoo).  That's the extent of my research.

• Like 1

WTF!

There's some interesting information out there about this.  Apparently, they have models both with and without.  Swastikas are outlawed in Germany and Revell is a German company (or part of it is, typical corporate voodoo).  That's the extent of my research.

I guess if you're ashamed of your history you can simply rewrite it.

It does have the German cross decals for it.  I understand why the Germans don't want to display the swastika and I'm not going to go through all the trouble to order the aftermarket decals from Amazon for $8.00. I guess I'll just try to enjoy putting the plane together and remind myself of my childhood. We would put these planes together, hang them in our rooms and when we got tired of them we would light them on fire and shoot them with our BB guns. Good times.

Edited by Will Carry
  • Like 3
[quote name="Garufa" post="1189755" timestamp="1410734795"]WTF! There's some interesting information out there about this. Apparently, they have models both with and without. Swastikas are outlawed in Germany and Revell is a German company (or part of it is, typical corporate voodoo). That's the extent of my research.[/quote] Correct Its illegal By german law for them to have a swazi in the package

Correct Its illegal By german law for them to have a swazi in the package

In America as of right now, it's your constitutional right to go around saying that you don't believe the holocaust ever happened, and it's everybody elses right to laugh and call you an idiot. I believe in Germany and Italy and maybe in a couple of other European countries you can be arrested and face 2 years in jail for simply "saying" you don't believe that the holocaust happened. It's kind of ironic that they would be so sensitive to their history of an evil totalitarian Reich that they would have totalitarian laws against dumb but non-threatening speech. The same restrictive speech laws just like they had in 1935 to 45. Now they treat you a little better than the Gestopo did but it's still a loss of freedom for simple speech. Of course many democrats in America would like to see the same type of restrictive speech laws under the name of "hate speech" weather it's threatening or not, a betrayal and dis-respect of our Constitution and Bill Of Rights.

Edited by K191145
  • Like 1
[quote name="K191145" post="1189847" timestamp="1410749611"]In America as of right now, it's your constitutional right to go around saying that you don't believe the holocaust ever happened, and it's everybody elses right to laugh and call you an idiot. I believe in Germany and Italy and maybe in a couple of other European countries you can be arrested and face 2 years in jail for simply [b]"saying"[/b] you don't believe that the holocaust happened. It's kind of ironic that they would be so sensitive to their history of an evil totalitarian Reich that they would have totalitarian laws against dumb but non-threatening speech. The same restrictive speech laws just like they had in 1935 to 45. Now they treat you a little better than the Gestopo did but it's still a loss of freedom for simple speech. Of course many democrats in America would like to see the same type of restrictive speech laws under the name of [b]"hate speech" [/b]weather it's threatening or not, a betrayal and dis-respect of our Constitution and Bill Of Rights.[/quote] It is somewhat ironic from an American perspective, but their intimate experience with the horrors of fascism and nazism led them to this decision
  • Like 1

It is somewhat ironic from an American perspective, but their intimate experience with the horrors of fascism and nazism led them to this decision

I would think that their intimate experience with a totalitarian regieme and dictator who restricted all individual freedoms, especially the freedom to express your opinions and views with the threat of prison or a concentration camp would motivate them not to pass such totalitarian laws.

It's the same type freedom restriction law Heinrich Muller would have approved of for different reasons. Of course his punishment would have been a little more sever.

Edited by K191145
[quote name="K191145" post="1189853" timestamp="1410751188"]I would think that their intimate experience with a totalitarian regieme and dictator who restricted all individual freedoms, especially the freedom to express your opinions and views with the threat of prison or a concentration camp would motivate them not to pass such totalitarian laws. It's the same type freedom restriction law Heinrich Muller would have approved of for different reasons. Of course his punishment would have been a little more sever.[/quote] There certainly is a range of opinion on this issue, and different countries have taken a variety of approaches. http://www.yadvashem.org/yv/en/holocaust/insights/pdf/bazyler.pdf

A lot was done immediately after the war that in hindsight was not really wise. In the aftermath of the war and without a strong legally protected tradition of free speech, it's perhaps understandable the steps that they took there. However, even with (and, perhaps, especially with), nationalism bubbling up here and there throughout Europe, it's time to end those restrictions. However, once government has its hands on some power, it's loathe to give it up.

• Like 1