A question about my Taurus 738Tcp 380Acp

Camaro_nut2001

Good morning, I recently purchased a Taurus 738TCP .380. It is new in the box, the original owner got it for a Christmas present, and comes with 2-6rd magazines. Can you get a larger mag. for this gun? Maybe a 10rd.? I have searched online but I'm not having any luck. Thank ya'll for any and all help and have a wonderful day.

Was just at Smoky Mt Knife Works. They had 2 of the 10 rd Promags in stock, $22.99 each.

Thanks feller, I just bought one from a seller on Ebay but I now know where to get another one here local if need be. The members on this forum are just plain good people. I have yet to run across a negative person on here.

My local Academy had the 10rd for $19.99 and the 6 rd for a few dollars cheaper. Both were the Promag which has been dependable in every weapon I have tried.

I went to their website and saw the 10rd. mag but it said out of stock but I did buy 200rds. of ammo that I was getting low on, very good prices. I bought a Promag 10rd off a seller on Ebay.

• 4 weeks later...
If the Taurus or KelTec you purchased is only going to be a range gun or safe queen than attempting to modify the ProMag's your having difficulties with is an option. If its a carry gun then forget it and purchase some factory magazines regardless of expense as they're the cheapest insurance policy you'll ever buy.

As to mods it comes down to experimenting with the follower and feed lips and is pretty much a waste of time because the problem is generally ammunition related i.e. gun only likes ball ammo etc. I've had first hand experience with the PF-9 and its not a bad pistol but its also not one I choose to own another of.

If the Taurus or KelTec you purchased is only going to be a range gun or safe queen than attempting to modify the ProMag's your having difficulties with is an option. If its a carry gun then forget it and purchase some factory magazines regardless of expense as they're the cheapest insurance policy you'll ever buy.

As to mods it comes down to experimenting with the follower and feed lips and is pretty much a waste of time because the problem is generally ammunition related i.e. gun only likes ball ammo etc. I've had first hand experience with the PF-9 and its not a bad pistol but its also not one I choose to own another of.

I have looked for larger capacity factory made magazines for both guns and couldn't find any. That's why I went with the ProMag brand. I do use my Taurus TCP .380 as a carry gun in my truck but not with the aftermarket magazine. I carry two fully loaded 6rd factory mags with it. On another note, I broke my Kel-Tec down completely, polished the feed ramp and cleaned everything really good and now the ProMag magazine works by racking with my hand. I plan on doing some shooting this weekend, if the rain holds off, and will post my results. Thanks for your help.