Another Gun Dependent Actor Disses Them

Oh Shoot

Yep, this time it's Liam Neeson.

“It is the right to bear arms which is the problem. I think if the Founding Fathers knew what was happening they would be turning in their graves with embarrassment at how that law has been interpreted.”.

etc.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1477858/liam-neeson-speaks-out-on-guns-his-opinion-may-surprise-you/

While all he makes anymore are shoot 'em ups.

p14-neeson.jpg

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Well, I guess another one bites the dust.......... :up: I think a lot of it is the actors that want to keep working in some cases know not to speak out in favor of guns or be Pro gun. Many of those who have are not getting work. There have been quite a few that after they have retired have spoke out favorably about guns and are Pro gun and many of them join the NRA. But to do it before your ready to retire and you will be put in early retirement like it or not.............jmho

Disgusts me when lib-actors spew their views. I've already marked DiCaprio and Damon off my list, looks like Liam is next.

Don't forget Norman Reedus' recent coming out.

It's just so uber hypocritical when the same people who use them extensively to make a buck say we shouldn't have them.

Hell, "Daryl" is even gonna make an anti-gun vid.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

He wasn't even born here, "F" him.

Ask GJohnson how many guns were around Mark Wahlberg, who condemns guns, this weekend in Knoxville. He even said the security team pointed their guns at him when he attempted to get up. I don't care who you are if you point a gun at me we are going to have HUGE issues. Good thing I didn't go to the MoH ceremonies because had someone pointed a gun at me it would have made national news.

• Like 3
  • Moderators
Aggravating. I'll continue to watch his films because most of them are entertaining. I watched "Non Stop" two or three times in the same week. I understand that many don't want to "support" such dissenters, but in truth the only thing that would make a difference would be to boycott the entire media industry as a whole. Sure, you have some "pro-gun" actors and tv shows, but do you honestly not accept that even from those the anti-gun media industry makes money?

Now, hypocritical of them to do so in cases such as this? Yes. But as stated above, I feel there are many "pro-gun" actors that are publicly "anti-gun" because that is what it takes to make it in the industry. Hypocritical? Yes.

How many of you are going to up and quit your job today just because you cannot carry at work? Why? Because that's what it takes to make it at your employer.

How many of you are going to move out of state or out of country because of the lack of constitutional carry, the NFA, etc? No, I bet all of you will be pulling out your checkbook or typing in your routing and bank account numbers in order to pay the IRS. Why? Because that's what it takes to make it in this country.

Lets accept the fact that there are plenty of actors/actresses that grew up wanting to be an actor/actress. They see it as a job. Many of them probably don't care about guns and never wanted to make a decision either way. There is much pressure in the industry to be anti-gun. That "sways' many of them. Granted, it'd be better to see more strong ones stand up and say that guns are not the problem.

Also, how many of you regularly listen to AC/DC, The Beatles, Queen, Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Metalica, or go to Six Flags, Disney, Dollywood, Walmart, Amazon.com, Sportman's Warehouse, or Gander Mountain?

Agree 100% with all of their views politically and ethically? All I'm saying is that if you are going to boycott artists or retailers for some of their views on guns or other important issues, it's going to be a very large list of places you cannot go and artists you can enjoy and a very, very small list of places you can go and artists to listen to while going there.
  • Like 1
Boycotting "whatever" is a personal thing. My way of saying screw'em. I figured out a long time ago when I boycotted Exxon because of the Valdez that my measly tank full wasn't going to make a difference to their bottom line, but I felt good doing it and that's all that mattered. And still do.
  • Like 2
“It is the right to bear arms which is the problem. I think if the Founding Fathers knew what was happening they would be turning in their graves with embarrassment at how that law has been interpreted.”.

Well, I kinda agree with him.  I think that if the Founding Fathers knew how the 2nd Amendment is being misinterpreted to give the Federal Government the authority to determine the types of firearms The People can own by claiming so-called 'reasonable restrictions' then they would definitely be turning in their graves.  I do think they would be embarrassed to see how the right of The People to keep and bear arms has been taken (and given) away over the course of the last, couple of centuries.  In that way, I guess it is the 'right to bear arms' that is the problem - in that even as clear a statement as the 2nd Amendment is obviously not written clearly enough to keep antis from attempting to usurp that right regardless of what the Constitution actually says.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 3

Well, it's like I said earlier, it is what you say in Tinsel town or to the press that determines whether your going to continue working or not as an actor/actress these days. If the press wanted to be fair which we all know that is a joke at best but if they did actually want to be fair they would not ask the people that make their living in Hollywood what their views are in that area at all. They should not be forced to put their personal feelings out in the public eye and put their livelihoods in jeopardy................jmho. You can bet if someone from the press asked me my opinion on this topic and my job was on the line with my reply, it would be "None of your damn business."........................jmho 

Well, it's like I said earlier, it is what you say in Tinsel town or to the press that determines whether your going to continue working or not as an actor/actress these days. If the press wanted to be fair which we all know that is a joke at best but if they did actually want to be fair they would not ask the people that make their living in Hollywood what their views are in that area at all. They should not be forced to put their personal feelings out in the public eye and put their livelihoods in jeopardy................jmho. You can bet if someone from the press asked me my opinion on this topic and my job was on the line with my reply, it would be "None of your damn business."........................jmho 

The actor doesn't have to come out defending the right to bear arms with both barrels (pun intended.)  He or she could simply say, "That isn't something I care to discuss," or "As an actor and entertainer, I prefer to keep my comments within that area and not stray into the political arena."  He might even say, "Well, I am not going to offer an opinion on firearms ownership by others but I will say that many of the movies I and others have made lately would be pretty damned boring without them."

Edited by JAB

I feel like a bit of a hypocrite myself on this one. I won't do business with a store that posts a "no guns" sign. I will, however, watch a movie that has an actor/actress in it that I hate for their political beliefs.

The way I rationalize this to myself is to think of the movie as a product, much like a ribeye steak at my favorite restaurant. I don't know the political beliefs of the owner, the manager, and every line cook in the back (nor do I want to know). Knowing the manager or one of the cooks was anti-gun might taint the overall enjoyment of my steak, but in the meantime, ignorance is bliss and the taste is not affected. I don't have the privilege of having this ignorance about movie stars, because these damn busy-body reporters keep asking them questions about their political beliefs instead of their job. If it weren't for these nosey reporters stirring up ####, I could continue to enjoy a good Liam Neeson without thinking about his idiotic views on guns.

Now that I think about it, it's Oh Shoot's fault I can't enjoy Liam Neeson's next movie as much. If he hadn't told me what he read on this tabloid rag, I'd be a happier person. Thank's a lot OS, you ruined Liam Neeson for me...hope you're happy.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

I feel like a bit of a hypocrite myself on this one. I won't do business with a store that posts a "no guns" sign. I will, however, watch a movie that has an actor/actress in it that I hate for their political beliefs.

The way I rationalize this to myself is to think of the movie as a product, much like a ribeye steak at my favorite restaurant. I don't know the political beliefs of the owner, the manager, and every line cook in the back (nor do I want to know). Knowing the manager or one of the cooks was anti-gun might taint the overall enjoyment of my steak, but in the meantime, ignorance is bliss and the taste is not affected. I don't have the privilege of having this ignorance about movie stars, because these damn busy-body reporters keep asking them questions about their political beliefs instead of their job. If it weren't for these nosey reporters stirring up ####, I could continue to enjoy a good Liam Neeson without thinking about his idiotic views on guns.

Now that I think about it, it's Oh Shoot's fault I can't enjoy Liam Neeson's next movie as much. If he hadn't told me what he read on this tabloid rag, I'd be a happier person. Thank's a lot OS, you ruined Liam Neeson for me...hope you're happy.

I also think of it like backwards compared to some people. Some people think of it as a hypocrite making money in movies using firearms, I think of it as an anti-gun person telling a pro-gun story.  Lets face it, many of these movies drive sales of firearms:)

If nobody had guns, then the Nazis wouldn't have had them either. Come on, Hershmeister....think a little! You gun lovers are all the same.

:D

Of course - how did i not see that?[emoji33]

Too bad they only passed laws forbidding jews from owning guns. If only they had gone all the way and disarmed the state too.

He wasn't even born here, "F" him.

Ask GJohnson how many guns were around Mark Wahlberg, who condemns guns, this weekend in Knoxville. He even said the security team pointed their guns at him when he attempted to get up. I don't care who you are if you point a gun at me we are going to have HUGE issues. Good thing I didn't go to the MoH ceremonies because had someone pointed a gun at me it would have made national news.

where is this story? inquiring minds..

Aggravating. I'll continue to watch his films because most of them are entertaining....

Yep, I agree actually. I'm the one who always sticks up in these kind of threads for the art itself, "separating the art and the artist". I always mention Jane Fonda as an example. I don't have to "forgive" the Hanoi Jane part to have also been enriched by any number of her fine movie performances, for example.

....now that I think about it, it's Oh Shoot's fault I can't enjoy Liam Neeson's next movie as much. If he hadn't told me what he read on this tabloid rag, I'd be a happier person. Thank's a lot OS, you ruined Liam Neeson for me...hope you're happy.

Sorry about that bro. ;) ;) I mainly just can't pass up irony, especially as relates to the firearm theme of the forum. But can assure you, I'll still enjoy Liam. I love his recent list of action movies, though it's sad in a way that has become his primary metier after so many finer dramatic roles in the past, but that's just IMO, guess he was first corrupted by the Dark Side :)

Meh. Liam ain't even American, the hell does he know about the founding fathers anyway?

Well, actually likely somewhat more than the sad average of all Americans, as he did have to at least pass an American citizenship test!

- OS

• Like 1
  • Moderators

Yep, I agree actually. I'm the one who always sticks up in these kind of threads for the art itself, "separating the art and the artist". I always mention Jane Fonda as an example. I don't have to "forgive" the Hanoi Jane part to have also been enriched by any number of her fine movie performances, for example.

Sorry about that bro. ;) ;) I mainly just can't pass up irony, especially as relates to the firearm theme of the forum. But can assure you, I'll still enjoy Liam. I love his recent list of action movies, though it's sad in a way that has become his primary metier after so many finer dramatic roles in the past, but that's just IMO, guess he was first corrupted by the Dark Side :)

Well, actually likely somewhat more than the sad average of all Americans, as he did have to at least pass an American citizenship test!

- OS

You know, with very few exceptions, maybe we should start having all people take that same test at age 18, even if you are born here. If you fail it, we'll shop you somewhere else for free!

You'd only have 18 years to prepare for it!