Primary Arms Complete AR Pistols DEAL

mcordell

Dunno anything about the quality, but the price certainly is damn attractive, hard to build one with decent stuff for much less than that.

Here's better link directly to them, see blowups and all:

https://www.primaryarms.com/Complete_AR_15_Pistols_s/6686.htm

One thing catches my attention right off -- for whatever reason, I don't believe I've ever heard of a 10.5" 5.56 barrel with pistol length gas before? Maybe that's a misprint copied from the .300blk description, dunno.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Wow. That is really tempting. Is there any advantage of the 10.5" over the 7.5"?

I don't see the barrel twist on there. Also, I still don't under stand what it means to free float. Can that hideous quad rail be swapped out for Magpul? 

Edited by Erik88

Wow. That is really tempting. Is there any advantage of the 10.5" over the 7.5"?

I don't see the barrel twist on there. Also, I still don't under stand what it means to free float. Can that hideous quad rail be swapped out for Magpul?

Free float just means the barrel doesn't touch the hand guard; helps accuracy in bolt actions haven't noticed a diff in my AR when I switched. I am sure you can change it out, its a standard AR upper.

Wow. That is really tempting. Is there any advantage of the 10.5" over the 7.5"?...Also, I still don't under stand what it means to free float. Can that hideous quad rail be swapped out for Magpul?

In 5.56, maybe 150 feet per second less or so with the 7.5".. With the 10.5" already losing about 300 feet per second compared to 16" barrel.

7.5"  louder with bigger fire ball, and the 10.5" ain't exactly a slouch in that area already.

7.5" often thought to have a bit narrower parameters for reliability than 10.5" carbine gas length, though with proper specs can of course be rock solid.

Most free float handguards use proprietary barrel nut as attachment method,  not the conventional delta ring and handguard cap like on your Sport.

No, can't swap to Magpul stuff like on your Sport without significant modification back to the barrel nut/delta ring/front cap type config like on your rifle, as AFAIK they don't make any free float stuff, let alone any that fits everybody's free float attachment methods.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Here ya go OS.  10.5 inch 1/8 twist with Wylde chamber.  It took a standard pistol length gas tube and a lo-pro .750 gas block

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291195184195?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And put together

20140909_081826_zps42a1d3ab.jpg

Well, thar ya go, hush my mouth. They may be rather rare but obviously out there, thanks.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Most free float handguards use proprietary barrel nut as attachment method,  not the conventional delta ring and handguard cap like on your Sport.

No, can't swap to Magpul stuff like on your Sport without significant modification back to the barrel nut/delta ring/front cap type config like on your rifle, as AFAIK they don't make any free float stuff, let alone any that fits everybody's free float attachment methods.

- OS

You are correct, I guess I should of been more specific. The proprietary barrel nut is usually included with most free floats, unless you aquire a used one without one so there are many used delta type ones out there. If you don't like the quads I would get this anyway, you can sell the handguard easily enough and I doubt you find one cheaper even with standard hand guards so it would offset the price of a delta ring and barrel nut purchase. But unless its cosmetics of the guards you dont like, they can come in real handy and with the rubber covers they dont dig into your hand at all.
  • Like 1

You are correct, I guess I should of been more specific. The proprietary barrel nut is usually included with most free floats, unless you aquire a used one without one so there are many used delta type ones out there. If you don't like the quads I would get this anyway, you can sell the handguard easily enough and I doubt you find one cheaper even with standard hand guards so it would offset the price of a delta ring and barrel nut purchase. But unless its cosmetics of the guards you dont like, they can come in real handy and with the rubber covers they dont dig into your hand at all.

Yup all true.

Limited quick search for feedback on Radical Firearms seems to be so far so good from users.

- OS

Well crap. Once again I check this forum briefly before bed, and it costs me money. I have been planning to build a pistol for a while, have 2 sig sbx braces on order, but wanted a slightly different configuration. This price is good enough to buy it anyway, tear it down, and rebuild the way I want, then sell the excess parts. But who am I kidding, I'll probably use the extra parts to build another pistol.

Well, guess I need to sell something soon to keep feeding my TGO habit.

Where? Pre-order or what? Do tell please!

- OS

I have a friend that is hooking me up. He couldn't promise a delivery date but I expect to have them within 7-10 days. Not sure if I will need 2 of them, especially since I just purchased this completed pistol with the original brace, but I'll decide that after everything arrives. Figured it was better to order 2 while I was using up a chip.

I have a friend that is hooking me up. He couldn't promise a delivery date but I expect to have them within 7-10 days. ..

Well, if so, apparently you will be among the first anywhere to get one, so we'll expect an extensive review, k?

I'm wanting to put one on M92 AK pistola, holding off on hardware till the SBX is actually out there in the wild. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'm wanting to put one on M92 AK pistola, holding off on hardware till the SBX is actually out there in the wild. :)

- OS

How you planning on mounting that? I've seen another company with an adapter that just slips under the pistol grip and butts up against the back of the receiver. I've been thinking about putting a brace on my AK pistol as well, just haven't decided which one looks like less of an abomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How you planning on mounting that? I've seen another company with an adapter that just slips under the pistol grip and butts up against the back of the receiver. I've been thinking about putting a brace on my AK pistol as well, just haven't decided which one looks like less of an abomination.

Yeah, thinking of using the US Machinegun gun grip adapter that allows AR buffer tube to thread in, plus their folding adapter that screws into that. I want to keep it short for transport, plus I already have a nifty case for it and if doesn't fold it wouldn't fit. :)

They sell both of those as one unit for a bit less, but not sure they are the same looking at their rather small pics, want to make sure that if the folding part ever gets too wonky to use, can at least chuck it and go straight into main one with tube. Haven't talked to them yet to pin it all down.

I want to keep it simple install, easily removable, and non-NFA.

Here's the primary adapter:

http://usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=PAP-SAAR

The folding addition (which uses castle nut to attach).

http://usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=YGO-ARFLD

And here's the "all in one", which looks like folding part doesn't use castle nut on the folding part to attach, but can't tell for sure:

http://usmachinegun.com/proddetail.php?prod=M92AR-FOLD

Only real gripe I seen using these is a cosmetic one, that the folding part, at least with the two piece method, isn't finished same as the primary adapter.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yeah, we were looking at the same site. This seems to be the easiest option, just looks blasphemous on an AK. Don't think there is any way around that without a stamp though.

I felt that way about my AR pistol too. But function over form won out, amazing to essentially double the accuracy.

I expect to quadruple it on AK pistol, since it doesn't have third point of contact like the AR to begin with. It's fun to shoot it stretched out on sling and all, and it's certainly minute of man up to 50 yards, but that's about it, with my skills anyway. And really, that's just fine for that purpose, but since I don't have to run around blowing folks away at close quarters very often, I think being able to hit small tin cans instead of gallon jugs at same distance will be cooler. ;)

- OS

I felt that way about my AR pistol too. But function over form won out, amazing to essentially double the accuracy.

I expect to quadruple it on AK pistol, since it doesn't have third point of contact like the AR to begin with. It's fun to shoot it stretched out on sling and all, and it's certainly minute of man up to 50 yards, but that's about it, with my skills anyway. And really, that's just fine for that purpose, but since I don't have to run around blowing folks away at close quarters very often, I think being able to hit small tin cans instead of gallon jugs at same distance will be cooler. ;)

- OS

The braces don't look too out of place on an AR, but I'm of the mind that every time an AR buffer tube is mounted on an AK, a kitten dies. I like my AK pistol as a truck gun, but also like the idea as a HD rifle. I backed out of SBRing it because I like the category it falls into as a pistol, which allows me to have it loaded in the truck as well as take into WMAs where handguns are okay but rifles are not.

I suppose this brace will solve the issue, but my AK will look like an unnatural demon spawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2