Time for a new thread!

At least I think so... nothing new in this subforum in awhile.

So, has anyone tried a new brand of ammo recently? If so, why? Was it availability, price, or some other reason?

I got my first few boxes from Freedom Munitions about a month ago. I got a new 10MM pistol and ammo for it is not plentiful or cheap at most retailers. From Freedom, I got new production 10MM shipped to my door for just a little more than 40 at WalMart or Academy. It's all good stuff, though not as hot as the stuff from Underwood, etc. I'll be buying more soon.

What about you?
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not new, or cheap but I just confirmed POI with Barnes 110 blacktips in my 300 Blackout. I plan on taking at least a deer or two with my 300 this year so wanted a good expanding round to take them with. The good thing is that the POI is almost identical to my 150gr Sierra Pro hunter which makes practicing much cheaper.

Hey Musicman! 

Mostly been working up my own loads lately for 9mm, however, I recently tested out Golden Saber's in my new Kahr CM9. Went with the Golden Saber's because of their reputation and track record. Had zero feed issues and were very accurate. I'll be buying more for sure. Price... on defensive rounds is ridiculous so obviously there's no "value" here. 

Anyone try those new Remington HTPs? Can't beat the price on those and thought they'd be a good SHTF stock to have.

Edited by jriv9
I got them at the new gander mountain over here in providence. 124 and 147gr for the sabers. Working on a powder coated 120gr cast bullet now. Worked up some xtp and xtreme 124gr hps that shoot great.

Fyi...The golden sabers were not hand loaded. Edited by jriv9

I got them at the new gander mountain over here in providence. 124 and 147gr for the sabers. Working on a powder coated 120gr cast bullet now. Worked up some xtp and xtreme 124gr hps that shoot great.

Fyi...The golden sabers were not hand loaded.

Gotcha.. thought you got GS components. Drat.  I wish I could find them again... used to get them at the Reloader's Bench for barely more than the Zero cheapie JHPs.

Whatcha workin' up on the 10s, Sybo?  I've got to sort my 10 brass and then I'll be doing the same.  What powders are you using? Bullet weight?  I have a bunch of plated stuff now, tempted to try the falcoated stuff... may put in an order in a few weeks.