Nazi death head ring (Totenkopfring)

KorbenDallas

Just curious as to if any of you gentlemen have or have seen an authentic ring before. Although it was horrible all the pain and suffering the Germans caused I've always been interested in the Nazi party because of their unusual goals and beliefs. But back to the subject I seen an authentic ring a while back and I've wanted one ever since. But they are extremely rare and pricey. If any of you do have one pictures and a small background on the ring by how which you aquired it would be interesting.
I can understand that, I'd be for me not a show piece. Although if it was aquired by a family member in the service that took it from one of those nazi bastards it may Change your mind. I not trying to send the wrong signal here I'm just interested in history and war has always sparked my interest. I know I can't be the only person that can't pass up the history channel when they are discussing the third reich.

Having one, or wearing one? I collect Nazi war items and no one has ever bashed me for them. I've even displayed them during one of our Veteran Day events that we had along with other displays.

As far as the Deaths Head Ring, I've seen them, but not enough to tell a good one from a bad one. The counterfeit market for these (Nazi) items is crazy.

This is a VERY old page of mine showing some of the stuff that I've collected. I really need to update it as I've acquired a few more items since them. http://home.comcast.net/~charles_summers/site/?/home/

• Like 2

I can understand that, I'd be for me not a show piece. Although if it was aquired by a family member in the service that took it from one of those nazi bastards it may Change your mind. I not trying to send the wrong signal here I'm just interested in history and war has always sparked my interest. I know I can't be the only person that can't pass up the history channel when they are discussing the third reich.

Dont get my wrong, they had some pretty crazy and cool stuff. I would love to own an iron cross, but not everyone will see things as you do. And its progressively getting worse. And as charles said, TONS of knock offs laying around. 

• Like 1

jay and all....

I just cant help myself about this...

I think it is obscene and completely unamerican to believe that you have to apologize for events, people, ideals, ect that some faceless, overbearing, damnable, self-appointed "they" deem to be "off limits"... When you do that; you acquiesce to the idea that your "polititically correct overseers" can determine what is "off limits" and what is "acceptable for discussion"....

That's giving up a helluva lot of ground, and effectively neutering our precious First Amendment....   If you believe in free speech, the "arena of ideas", the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the First Amendment; you cannot give up this ground...

I well remember several years ago in Minnesota or Wisconsin (...i believe...) that either a local or a Federal attorney wanted to sensor the speech of several Aryan Nation or Neo Nazi folks over things printed and spoken in the public square during their trial and incarceration... A Federal Judge ruled that these folks could, in fact, say whatever they wanted to say, no matter how heinous to some hearers... She said, in effect, that no one has a right "not to be offended" by the speech of others....

There was another ruling here just the other day in which a Federal Judge said that "...the speech that needs to be protected the most is, in fact, the most controversial, heinous, offensive, and troublesome speech..."...  I think he is exactly right...There are no places in the public forum where the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are suspended; in spite of the various attempts of schools, universities, self appointed watchers and overseers, and quite a few politicians do just the opposite....

Your fathers and grandfathers fought in World War II against nazi (...and japanese...) political philosophies, principles and their ensuing atrocities... They discussed them freely and at length before and during the war...There were several veterans of World War I and the isolationist Republicans who thought that we should mind our own business and stay out of that war...   You can rest assured that nazi goals, philosophy, and principles were discussed at length in those days before the decision was made to go to war; just as it should be...

Fast forward sixty or so years and take a look at the landscape now....The apostate jewish community and the self-appointed watchers of what is "good and right" that inhabit academia, print media, visual media, special interest groups, and politics have done a pretty good job of controlling the playing field by demanding that certain things be "off limits" and not be discussed; and what we are discussing now is a great example of that...

I say that nothing should be off limits nor apologized for ahead of the discussion... As the great Charles Barkley said just the other day:..."there are no words I don't use..."  He is exactly right... I would go farther and say:..."there are no thoughts i dont think or discuss as I choose"...

Don't acquiesce to the idea that you have to apologize for things you didn't do, nor feel the need to add disclaimers that denote disapproval when discussing things that these self-appointed watchers deem to be improper or off limits...

I say; "...what if I (...or you, or anybody else, for that matter...), in fact, do believe in the principles and goals of the nazi (...or any other...) philosophy (...Henry Ford did...)...  That is a right you have here in the good ole USA...You can, in fact, hold those beliefs and not be afraid to espouse them...

That is exactly what the "arena of ideas" and free discussion in the public square is about... That is exactly what the First Amendment was designed to do -- to provide for free and open discussion of revellant issues....  Folks can discuss the issues, and then make an informed decision of what they believe; instead of being told by a bunch of dammed over-seers what they are to think... Those who demand that certain subjects be "off limits"are, in effect, attempting to squelch public discussion of ideas and are seeking to implant their autocratic set of ideals in their stead...

There are no "forbidden thoughts" here; in spite of attempts to ban the by the would be censors who have no notion of freedom and believe that they are, in fact, the smartest people in the room and that you should breathlessly bow down to their thoughts, musings, and pronouncements; and slavishly adhere to their particular brand of overbearing dogma...

I'll close this little epistle by paraphrasing the words of a forgotten (...to me, at least...) greek philosopher who said:

"....It is the mark of education, intelligence, and adulthood to be able to consider a concept or idea without accepting it..."  Don't fall prey to the "apology in advance" ideas put up by those who would muzzle your speech...

I think i'll take a baby aspirin and take a little nap now....

leroy, the geezer who uses all words and considers all ideals and concepts no matter how heinous to some observers....

• Like 9

jay and all....

I just cant help myself about this...

I think it is obscene and completely unamerican to believe that you have to apologize for events, people, ideals, ect that some faceless, overbearing, damnable, self-appointed "they" deem to be "off limits"... When you do that; you acquiesce to the idea that your "polititically correct overseers" can determine what is "off limits" and what is "acceptable for discussion"....

That's giving up a helluva lot of ground, and effectively neutering our precious First Amendment....   If you believe in free speech, the "arena of ideas", the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the First Amendment; you cannot give up this ground...

I well remember several years ago in Minnesota or Wisconsin (...i believe...) that either a local or a Federal attorney wanted to sensor the speech of several Aryan Nation or Neo Nazi folks over things printed and spoken in the public square during their trial and incarceration... A Federal Judge ruled that these folks could, in fact, say whatever they wanted to say, no matter how heinous to some hearers... She said, in effect, that no one has a right "not to be offended" by the speech of others....

There was another ruling here just the other day in which a Federal Judge said that "...the speech that needs to be protected the most is, in fact, the most controversial, heinous, offensive, and troublesome speech..."...  I think he is exactly right...There are no places in the public forum where the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are suspended; in spite of the various attempts of schools, universities, self appointed watchers and overseers, and quite a few politicians do just the opposite....

Your fathers and grandfathers fought in World War II against nazi (...and japanese...) political philosophies, principles and their ensuing atrocities... They discussed them freely and at length before and during the war...There were several veterans of World War I and the isolationist Republicans who thought that we should mind our own business and stay out of that war...   You can rest assured that nazi goals, philosophy, and principles were discussed at length in those days before the decision was made to go to war; just as it should be...

Fast forward sixty or so years and take a look at the landscape now....The apostate jewish community and the self-appointed watchers of what is "good and right" that inhabit academia, print media, visual media, special interest groups, and politics have done a pretty good job of controlling the playing field by demanding that certain things be "off limits" and not be discussed; and what we are discussing now is a great example of that...

I say that nothing should be off limits nor apologized for ahead of the discussion... As the great Charles Barkley said just the other day:..."there are no words I don't use..."  He is exactly right... I would go farther and say:..."there are no thoughts i dont think or discuss as I choose"...

Don't acquiesce to the idea that you have to apologize for things you didn't do, nor feel the need to add disclaimers that denote disapproval when discussing things that these self-appointed watchers deem to be improper or off limits...

I say; "...what if I (...or you, or anybody else, for that matter...), in fact, do believe in the principles and goals of the nazi (...or any other...) philosophy (...Henry Ford did...)...  That is a right you have here in the good ole USA...You can, in fact, hold those beliefs and not be afraid to espouse them...

That is exactly what the "arena of ideas" and free discussion in the public square is about... That is exactly what the First Amendment was designed to do -- to provide for free and open discussion of revellant issues....  Folks can discuss the issues, and then make an informed decision of what they believe; instead of being told by a bunch of dammed over-seers what they are to think... Those who demand that certain subjects be "off limits"are, in effect, attempting to squelch public discussion of ideas and are seeking to implant their autocratic set of ideals in their stead...

There are no "forbidden thoughts" here; in spite of attempts to ban the by the would be censors who have no notion of freedom and believe that they are, in fact, the smartest people in the room and that you should breathlessly bow down to their thoughts, musings, and pronouncements; and slavishly adhere to their particular brand of overbearing dogma...

I'll close this little epistle by paraphrasing the words of a forgotten (...to me, at least...) greek philosopher who said:

"....It is the mark of education, intelligence, and adulthood to be able to consider a concept or idea without accepting it..."  Don't fall prey to the "apology in advance" ideas put up by those who would muzzle your speech...

I think i'll take a baby aspirin and take a little nap now....

leroy, the geezer who uses all words and considers all ideals and concepts no matter how heinous to some observers....

No one said that he couldnt do it. It will just generate shit for him from people who might have zero connections with the item. And when he said he wanted for a collection, thats a completely different matter. And a quick counter to your argument, carry a noose around nashville and see what happens to you. You can only take free speech so far and its an even shorter distance now days. 

No one said that he couldnt do it. It will just generate #### for him from people who might have zero connections with the item. And when he said he wanted for a collection, thats a completely different matter. And a quick counter to your argument, carry a noose around nashville and see what happens to you. You can only take free speech so far and its an even shorter distance now days. 

Gotta call baloney on this one... You seem to be a disciple of the great Lyndon Baynes Johnson who famously said:... "if ya want to get along, ya got ta go along..."...  They appear to have already whupped you bro....

leroy

I hate Nazis and I have no use for Skin Heads or White Supremist . I just like studying German Nazis. After World War II the biggest industry in West Germany was making souvenirs for GIs. They made Hitler Youth Knives until the Swatika was outlawed, I think, in 1952. I have a Brandy glass with a swastika on it. It supposedly came from Germany.

Gotta call baloney on this one... You seem to be a disciple of the great Lyndon Baynes Johnson who famously said:... "if ya want to get along, ya got ta go along..."...  They appear to have already whupped you bro....

leroy

Oh no, thats just from personal experience. Had an incident back when I was in high school where some kid had a noose inside his truck. Didnt bother nor threat anyone with it. But someone walking by saw it and raid hell. Worst part, (dont know how to but this in a non racist way), when the black part of the school found out, they raised hell. And as far as I can remember, 99.9999% of them had NOTHING to do with it. Its just that according to todays society if you are white you are wrong and a racist. 

Edited by RC3

Oh no, thats just from personal experience. Had an incident back when I was in high school where some kid had a noose inside his truck. Didnt bother nor threat anyone with it. But someone walking by saw it and raid hell. Worst part, (dont know how to but this in a non racist way), when the black part of the school found out, they raised hell. And as far as I can remember, 99.9999% of them had NOTHING to do with it. Its just that according to todays society if you are white you are wrong and a racist. 

What youve just described is exactly why we need to remember what the First Amendment does and says... Schools are in a state of "hostile takeover" by folks who by and large don't believe in free speech, or the Fourth Amendment (....the right to be secure in your personal possessions within the confines of your property [...his truck...]....), and they are part of the problem; and they've managed to suppress freedom of speech under the guise of keeping order... The racebaiters and the rabble rousers have largely won the day in the public school system in lots of places; especially the usual blue inner city locations...

I will agree that if ya listen to the media megaphone, the racebaiters, and the current regime in Washington you are racist by definition if you are white...

The only problem is that they cant win when they take this sort of thing to court...

I'll also agree that when you are on the "frontier", so to speak, (...think reliably blue territories; especially in the inner cities...); the First Amendment doesn't mean much... That's exactly why it should be so important to folks like you and me...

By the way; the son and i had the distinct pleasure to visit the other day with an old boy who wuz about 50 or so years old, 6-2 or so in height, about 230 or so without an ounce of fat on him, and he was shaven slick headed... He had this great set of nazi ss runes (...the lightning bolt insignia...) tattooed on the back of his considerably sized jug head...  He wasn't wearing a hat....

He wuz wearing a black leather vest and a tee shirt with various "offensive" symbols on it... No one called him out...   He wasn't intimidated by anything in his surroundings; it was, in fact, quite the opposite...  

We were in a public place, i wonder why no one called him out for his "forbidden" symbol display...?   I'd think a lot more of these "self appointed" censors if they tried calling a few people like this ole boy out instead of a bunch of kids in high school... I wonder why they didn't... HEHEHE...?

leroy

Nick... This ^^^^.... Thanks a bunch for the kindness, i appreciate it... In the words of some unknown polititian:..." if i am drafted, i will not serve.... If I am nominated, I will not serve... I will, however, be glad to sit on the sidelines and "third base" the others...

Thanks for the considerable kindness...

leroy

• Like 1
I find WWII very interesting and even went to the 60th anniversary of Pearl Harbor for a vacation.

It would be tough to disregard everything that had to do with the Nazi’s. I don’t buy foreign guns but I sure wouldn’t pass up a change to buy a Nazi gun. I wouldn’t care if anyone liked it or not; it’s history. I might ask them though what kind of car they have; better not be a ricer.

The Jews put up a big holocaust museum, so I think it’s acceptable for the rest of us.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
  • Like 1

What youve just described is exactly why we need to remember what the First Amendment does and says... Schools are in a state of "hostile takeover" by folks who by and large don't believe in free speech, or the Fourth Amendment (....the right to be secure in your personal possessions within the confines of your property [...his truck...]....), and they are part of the problem; and they've managed to suppress freedom of speech under the guise of keeping order... The racebaiters and the rabble rousers have largely won the day in the public school system in lots of places; especially the usual blue inner city locations...

I will agree that if ya listen to the media megaphone, the racebaiters, and the current regime in Washington you are racist by definition if you are white...

The only problem is that they cant win when they take this sort of thing to court...

I'll also agree that when you are on the "frontier", so to speak, (...think reliably blue territories; especially in the inner cities...); the First Amendment doesn't mean much... That's exactly why it should be so important to folks like you and me...

By the way; the son and i had the distinct pleasure to visit the other day with an old boy who wuz about 50 or so years old, 6-2 or so in height, about 230 or so without an ounce of fat on him, and he was shaven slick headed... He had this great set of nazi ss runes (...the lightning bolt insignia...) tattooed on the back of his considerably sized jug head...  He wasn't wearing a hat....

He wuz wearing a black leather vest and a tee shirt with various "offensive" symbols on it... No one called him out...   He wasn't intimidated by anything in his surroundings; it was, in fact, quite the opposite...  

We were in a public place, i wonder why no one called him out for his "forbidden" symbol display...?   I'd think a lot more of these "self appointed" censors if they tried calling a few people like this ole boy out instead of a bunch of kids in high school... I wonder why they didn't... HEHEHE...?

leroy

I will not pick beef with a 6 foot tall biker. Intimidation is a great and useful weapon.  And thanks for reminding me of the racebaiter term. If anything, I was just trying to let him know of possible outcomes, not that she shouldnt do it. 

Kind of a little off topic, but I am on the verge of buying those dont stick my american flag on your foreign car stickers. And stick them on every car we own that isnt american made. (holy crap, that means my bel air and my dads dodge are excluded)

Leroy - "Apostate jewish community"? what exactly is that?

I would advise the OP that there is a quite a difference between collecting objects because of their historical significance or collecting them because they are "cool" and you find the evil ideology behind those objects to be interesting in either a prurient or other manner outside of history.

Its not 100% clear which camp you are in.

I find WWII very interesting and even went to the 60th anniversary of Pearl Harbor for a vacation.

It would be tough to disregard everything that had to do with the Nazi’s. I don’t buy foreign guns but I sure wouldn’t pass up a change to buy a Nazi gun. I wouldn’t care if anyone liked it or not; it’s history. I might ask them though what kind of car they have; better not be a ricer.

The Jews put up a big holocaust museum, so I think it’s acceptable for the rest of us.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

MP44. Tiger 2, jagdpanther, hummel, m106b, wirbelwind, maus, v2 rocket..... so many cool german things, that I will probably never own. 

Leroy - "Apostate jewish community"? what exactly is that?

I would advise the OP that there is a quite a difference between collecting objects because of their historical significance or collecting them because they are "cool" and you find the evil ideology behind those objects to be interesting in either a prurient or other manner outside of history.

Its not 100% clear which camp you are in.

thats what I wanted to say and you nailed it. 

• Like 1