Not a good time to deer hunt in PA...

Peace

4779554_G.jpg

http://www.wsmv.com/story/26573632/search-for-ambush-suspect-centers-on-dense-woods

State police?  

I hate it for the officer's loved ones and the department.  So sorry for their loss.  This guy in the pic sure is kitted out a lot like a soldier.  - not sure that I could argue with it since they are combing the woods for the perp.  thoughts?

Edited by Peace
I don't like it. I think part of the representation of the law is to represent uniformity, to look like the law. We have police all across the country coming up win all kinds of tactical uniforms that remind me of third world military's.
Someone could mistake this trooper for the slime ball they are looking for.
Don't get me wrong, I hope they find this loser and coward quickly and should lock down the entire state if need be. I just think the law should look like he law, period. Edited by Ugly
  • Like 3
I don't have a problem with the uniform it seems appropriate for the terrain and current mission.

I agree with Ugly, when LE starts taking on the "look" of paramilitary, I start thinking about countries in central and south America where the line between the policia and federales gets fuzzy.

Hope they catch this murderer but methinks suicide by police will be the end result

I have no problem how LE looks as long as they are readily identifiable as LE by badge, ID or patches.  If the particular mission, such as this, calls for full battle rattle I have no problem with it.  They should be wearing level IV plates and ballistic helmets as well, they are after a sniper after all.  I feel that LE should be able to deal with whatever the bad guys have, they are there to protect us.  If we ever get to the point where domestic terrorists start using car bombs, beheading people, like they tried in Australia, then I EXPECT them to gear up and take them out whether its at the federal level or local.  I don't worry so much about what they are wearing, its their actions which we should be looking at and kept in check.  There are many questionable practices right now that are perfectly legal such as confiscating money during a traffic stop and forcing the person to sue to get it back.  I am sure there are other things out there, and I bet they started off with good intent, but are now being used wrongly.

Would they put that kind of time and effort into finding the killer if it you or me who was killed?

May be not as intent but I do think they would scour the earth for a sniper taking anyone out. I think the bigger problem is that we are teetering on lawlessness. The pols are leading that charge and the occasional person snapping here and there. It'll be up to the majority of us to maintain civility. This is where I think the Leo community looking like the law instead of military will help.
While I think if this scumbag did do this, he should be dealt the hand he deserves, I'm starting to wonder about the background info. It seems one sided, all the same talking points without resources listed. He's already been convicted is my point and that makes me wonder this day and age. No one has seen him, just his truck.
Just a thought.

While I think if this scumbag did do this, he should be dealt the hand he deserves, I'm starting to wonder about the background info. It seems one sided, all the same talking points without resources listed. He's already been convicted is my point and that makes me wonder this day and age. No one has seen him, just his truck.
Just a thought.

If any sane person is wrongly accused of something like this, the first thing they should do is get a lawyer to negotiate a surrender. He or his family would of been all over the news professing his innocence. But exchanging gunfire with LE is no way to say you are innocent.

I think that the interesting thing here is that Eric Frein appears to be the read deal... I think it will be tough to take him at all with folks that i'm sure are very aware of his capabilities...

It's indeed sad, that the trooper was killed by ambush; but im like some other folks here; i think it's interesting that the Pennsylvania law enforcement folks have decided that he, in fact, did the killin... I wonder who saw him do it..?  I also wonder just what information they used to come to this conclusion so quickly...?

I'm convinced that he either will not be caught quickly (...ALA James Eric Rudolph...); or they will finish him off... I sure wouldn't want to be one of those called on to hunt this guy down; if he did, in fact, do the killin...  

My guess is that the only side you'll hear about this is the "official" side; and that, in itself, ought to trouble a lot of folks....

I aint condoning in anyway killin anybody... Like some other folks here; i am wonderin why we put the finger on this guy so fast... Maybee we'll learn more as this whole thing unfolds...

watchin leroy

If it were a soldier he'd be in a K-pot, have eye pro, a rifle with no ammo or visible magazine and be wrapped in a reflective belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, isn't that the truth.

When I first got to Bosnia our company commander told us we had to wear camouflage on our face. We also were no allowed to roll up our sleeves and expose our skin because it wasn't tactical. Then they told us we had to wear reflective vests when out of our vehicles so the cars and cow carts would not hit us.

I have no problem with the clothing or equipment that LE uses providing you can tell they are LE and which LE agency. Too many officers, especially in situations like this, are tight lipped about who they work for making it hard to hold people accountable if something goes wrong.

Another HUGE problem I have is in situations like this it seems like the rights of law abiding citizens are often suspended along with the suspects. Like in Boston, having LE clear you of your own home against your will is wrong. I have serious reservations about ANYONE being in my home without me being right there with them.

• Like 3