Yotes stirring about

seez52

For the last three or four nights the yotes really been active around my place. Haven't heard them in a while but for the last few nights they sound like they are in the back yard. Actually Monday night they were. I scoped one for a minute or so but didn't pull the trigger as I wasn't sure if my neighbor had moved his cows into the back field or not. There were two of them, one was really checking me out. If I'd have been upstairs I would have nailed him.

I have an active one our our property - scat marking his turf. What do you do with the carcass once you've nailed one?

That's the fun part. I usually drag to a good spot for vulture watching. The next day they are on it. Last time I bet there were15 or 20 trying to get a snoot full. I tried setting up my game cam to get some good video but it was pointed just a bit high and only got a few head shots.

Last time I tried skinning the tail to keep as a souvenir, but I didn't have much luck. I need more practice. I do know for a fact that yote butt holes have the softest skin you can ever imagine. :dropjaw: :dropjaw: :dropjaw: :dropjaw:

Edited by seez52

That's the fun part. I usually drag to a good spot for vulture watching. The next day they are on it. Last time I bet there were15 or 20 trying to get a snoot full. I tried setting up my game cam to get some good video but it was pointed just a bit high and only got a few head shots.

Last time I tried skinning the tail to keep as a souvenir, but I didn't have much luck. I need more practice. I do know for a fact that yote butt holes have the softest skin you can ever imagine. :dropjaw: :dropjaw: :dropjaw: :dropjaw:

Oh Lord . . . .

• Like 1

Some of the people on Predatormastersforum.com use winkler's tail strippers. Google is your friend. I found some in the $3 and $4 range before freight.

Looks like a Wyoming knife or even our webbing (seatbelt) cutter, but the circle thing underneath looks interesting. I may have to check YouTube to see how to use the circle tool.

I have an active one our our property - scat marking his turf. What do you do with the carcass once you've nailed one?

Throw it over the hill. Nasty, smelly critters. Its about time for me to start running trap lines for them again.

do some research. Some counties pay a bounty for ears.

I have heard them at night as long as I have lived here.  Lately I hear the yipping during the day.

We have seen them on the porch and drinking out of the fountain thing in the front yard.  

do some research. Some counties pay a bounty for ears.

I have heard them at night as long as I have lived here. Lately I hear the yipping during the day.

We have seen them on the porch and drinking out of the fountain thing in the front yard.

Sounds like they should pay for another part in the lower region based on an earlier post

Blech!!