S&W 380 BodyGuard with Lazer??

bersaguy

I bought this gun Monday and it will be here tomorrow. It is a  380 Caliber with integrated Lazer. Now since I have never owned a pistol or a rifle for that fact with a lazer what can anyone tell me about this gun they think I should know. Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated.............. :up: :up:

I had one of those and for a pocket gun I really liked it to some degree.... While there are smaller and lighter pocket guns this gun is very thin with smooth rounded corners for the most part; once slipped into a soft pocket holster it sits very comfy in the front pocket of a pair of jeans. It also tends to fit small, med and large hands fairly well with its interchangeable mag bases; I have fairly large hands and I found it easy to hold despite its smaller size. Its a S&W and it will go boom each time you pull the trigger without fail. As to the LOOONG double action trigger it takes a while to get used to and I really never did. It gets better with use but it is still a long azz trigger. The laser makes for a great pet toy when the gun is unloaded; I think the new ones are from CT and have a better on/off button. Mine was on the frame above the index finger and that sucked.

I had one of those and for a pocket gun I really liked it to some degree.... While there are smaller and lighter pocket guns this gun is very thin with smooth rounded corners for the most part; once slipped into a soft pocket holster it sits very comfy in the front pocket of a pair of jeans. It also tends to fit small, med and large hands fairly well with its interchangeable mag bases; I have fairly large hands and I found it easy to hold despite its smaller size. Its a S&W and it will go boom each time you pull the trigger without fail. As to the LOOONG double action trigger it takes a while to get used to and I really never did. It gets better with use but it is still a long azz trigger. The laser makes for a great pet toy when the gun is unloaded; I think the new ones are from CT and have a better on/off button. Mine was on the frame above the index finger and that sucked.

Thanks my friend. I am use to a small 380 gun as I have a Ruger LCP and it is small and I can shoot it fairly well. I had a few people tall me I would like the Bodyguard more because it fits your hand better and weighs about 1 ounce more empty. I think after looking at the price retail in a few locations I got a really good deal on it. Gun has had 2 magazines run through it and I am getting the gun with the box and all that comes with it plus a quality pocket holster and 1.5 boxes of ammo. The guy was coming to Nashville so he is bringing it from Bristol Tennessee to me so will save all shipping and other stuff. Got it for $300.00 even delivered. Looks like a range trip is in my future pretty soon. Want to see how she shoots and how the Lazer system works since I have never had one.     Thanks again....................... :up: 

I really like the BG380.  I like the long trigger, I like the size and feel, double strike capability can be important in a pocket 380.  Erganomically, I think it is very underrated pocket gun.  ... firing pin durability has been an issue... and for a carry gun, that is a big deal.   three thoughts...

1) Don't dry fire it.  It has questionable durability during dry fire.  

2) The lazer is useless to me for a pocket... "get off me/stop killing me" gun.  If you want to operate it, it may help to turn it on/off with your support-hand thumb (instead of your strong-hand trigger finger).

3) because of its history of firing pin issues, put enough rounds through it that you are comfortable that it will go bang.

congrats and enjoy!

Well, I got the Body Guard today. The guy I bought it from I have know for several years. A buddy of mine was coming down from E.TN to Nashville on business and brought it to me. The guy that brought it is also a gun guy and he said the gun only needs one thing and that is an owner and that's me now. I got a gun, pocket holster, box and all paper work and 1 full box and another box of ammo with 12 rounds gone. Those are the only times it was shot by my buddy that bought it new. I have a Ruger LCP that I like a lot. It is going to be a toss up on these two guns as to which one stays and which one goes. Only need 1 pocket pistol. Taking both guns to the range tomorrow and shoot them both till I have made up my mind and then I will post the other one for sale....... :shrug: 

• Like 1

The laser will let you know how unsteady you grip is when firing :cool: :wave: .

:rofl: That used to be one of my favorite pastimes between sets at an indoor range.  ... watching "the guy" with the laser on his handgun twitch all over the place trying to put it right on the bull and hold it there before he pulled the trigger.  If I had started out with a laser, that would've been me too! 

:rofl: That used to be one of my favorite pastimes between sets at an indoor range.  ... watching "the guy" with the laser on his handgun twitch all over the place trying to put it right on the bull and hold it there before he pulled the trigger.  If I had started out with a laser, that would've been me too! 

I doubt I will even turn on the lazer.  Might for a few rounds but I wanted the gun and I bought it for less than one without a Lazer  would cost new and this gun has had 12 rounds through it.................. :up:

A buddy had one for his wife and i spent some time with it. Its was a nice gun, but

The trigger was pretty rough IMO, i carry a Kahr P380 and I much prefer that trigger, extremely smooth, yet long and somewhat heavy. For the size a quality, I dont believe there is a better .380acp pocket pistol available, maybe a Seecamp but I haven't been able to lay hands on one of those yet.

The laser has a horrible activation button and its very stiff not ergonomic at all.

Other than that, I think its a great pistol, certainly worth the money.

I don't know how old the S&W BG W/Laser illuminator you've purchased is but the first two or three years of production had reliability issues with the Laser. The newer production models with the integral laser have one from another manufacture.  The BG .380 doesn't do anything to interest me enough to purchase one but I know a number of people who love it.