The best things...

Peace

34 years ago, I sat on a cooler in the middle of this boat - with a William (Alf) in the front and an Evelyn in the back- both of whom I was incredibly fond. I ate sausage and biscuits while they caught endless amounts of fish.

Today, I sit in the middle of this boat with a William in the front and an Evelyn in the back - both of whom I am indescribably fond. We didn't catch many fish, but we caught the most incredible moments together in a wonderfully beautiful world.

Here's to you, Uncle Alf and Aunt Evelyn. "Dixie" still hauls them in after all these years.

EvWillDixie2014_zps5d73071e.jpg

... oh and crappie were biting on Priest today at around 17 feet... worms worked for us.
Edited by Peace
  • Like 6

Man , I have fished all my life and I truly miss my dad and our outings. My dad would call me up and ask me if I wanted to go drowned some worms. That's what he called fishing. We bank fished for many years and he caught a million Blue Gills I guess. After his passing I took up Bass Fishing and have a Skeeter Bass boat and I fished so much that I literally burned my self out on it. I still have a Skeeter Bass Boat but now Son in Law keeps it at his place cause he has the fever I had 15 years ago and he is on the lake every spare minute. He still calls me up hoping I will get the bug again as I was the one that got his started going with me about 6 years ago but I just politely say no and he takes one of the grand kids or a friend with him. I had a wonderful life of fishing from about age 6 and do not regret 1 minute of the time I dedicated to it but I just don't go any more. I am not saying I will never go again but have not been in 3 years but I still think about it a lot.............. :pleased: