Need help with a full auto HK sp89 clone

I am trying to get my FA Fleming pack to work on my sp89 clone. I think I have the right lower, I just added +8 rollers to get a .012 bolt gap but the bolt is not activating the trip lever. It will shoot semi when selector is on FA.
One issue may be that the lower is not parallel to the upper. There is no gap at all in the front and a slight gap near the rear pin. I am also wondering if my folding stock is an issue. I may try again using the pistol butt cap.

Please PM me if you have any experience or insight to my issue. Thanks, Stan

Stan... can you show me a pic of the lower side of your carrier... I'll be able to tell immediately if it's a semi carrier. It's either a semi carrier or your shelf height as you mentioned.. very common problem with the clones.. If you can't get it working I'm an 02 manuf and I can help repair it ..

Couple of additional ?s ... is this the first host you're using your fleming pack on? the K clones use the exact same internals as a regular size MP5.. the housing is the only thing different... I don't understand it shooting semi auto though if the the sear isn't getting tripped you should get 1 round fired and then nothing.. remove the pack to find the hammer cocked ... Even on semi auto in an HK/clone the auto sear is used... unlike a M16 where the sear is disengaged during semi auto operation.

If you have another host that works we can work to get your SP89 clone working. Just wondering the background on the sear pack. May push me to a few more things to try.

You can call me tomorrow if you'd like and we can talk about a few things.

Good luck

Here's a pic of a MP5-40 FA carrier. Yours will be shorter of course but if you look at the top left you'll see that little ramped area. On a semi, the ramp will not be as pronounced as this is. Many will have it milled completely flat. That is what trips your sear lever. So if it's missing the top 1/8" or so of the ramp it's a semi carrier.

I can weld them up for a sear trip as well if you find you don't have a FA carrier. Or you can get one from Robert at RTGPARTS.COM or Adam at HKParts.NET

4y7u5abe.jpg

Edited by LawEnforcementSalesTN
  • Like 1