Tavor Trigger Pack

willis68

One thing we can pretty much count on... Bill Geissele would shoot himself if he put out anything as crappy as the stock Tavor trigger. Awesome rifle, except for that trigger.

The stock trigger is actually pretty nice, just very heavy.  The break is crisp, very little creep, the reset is excellent.  It's just really, really heavy.  And that's likely by design, it's a general issue combat rifle designed for a conscript army after all.

The stock trigger is actually pretty nice, just very heavy.  The break is crisp, very little creep, the reset is excellent.  It's just really, really heavy.  And that's likely by design, it's a general issue combat rifle designed for a conscript army after all.

I hate it, but didn't shoot it much at all. It was a pain trying to sight it in. But, the only one I have ever shot belongs to Willis. I reckon we can chalk that up as problem solved

• Like 1
The "pull" (rather than the standard "push") method of bullpup trigger linkage used in the Tavor actually lends itself well to having a nice trigger. It just took Geiselle and a couple other companies to make the better components. Edited by dcloudy777

The "pull" )rather than the standard "push") method of bullpup trigger linkage used in the Tavor actually lends itself well to having a nice trigger. It just took Geiselle and a couple other companies to make the better components.

Well sure.  That's the story for just about any trigger. Like the stock AR trigger. It's not the best in terms of feel, but it's extremely realiable and cheap. Great design when you think about it. The Geissele triggers (as an example) are much more expensive to make. Like I said, I didn't shoot the Tavor enough to get used to it. I judged it against what I'm used to.

FWIW, Willis agreed with my assessment on suckiness. I think he told me he warmed up to it a little later. fact is, the trigger on a grail rifle needs to be better. The potential accuracy of the gun is going to suffer, just because of the weight of the gun vs pull weight. Doesn't matter how crispy it is.

Edited by mikegideon
The shooting sight Tav-D is getting better reviews and more praise than the geissele.

Not to mention there has been a few reports of issues with the geissele ....

I love geissele triggers and run them in the majority of my ARs but for the Tavor I would go with the Tav-d Edited by mcordell

The shooting sight Tav-D is getting better reviews and more praise than the geissele.

Not to mention there has been a few reports of issues with the geissele ....

I love geissele triggers and run them in the majority of my ARs but for the Tavor I would go with the Tav-d

I am very familiar with the issues, as I have spent several hours on the Bull-pup forums and other Tavor forums and from what I can tell, Geissele Quickly fixes issues and their customer experience is awesome, 

I think the very first batch are the only ones that have had issues, mine came from the 2nd one I am looking forward to getting home to install it,

With a great trigger my Tavor will be my go to .556

Super Sabra just arrived.  Dropped right in.  Pins were nice and tight... perfect.

Dry fired a few times:  worth every penny.  Geiessele hits another one out of the park.  :up:

The only "if" was the delivery date. I knew Geissele would nail it, like he does everything else.

I just installed it and let me tell you all, it is worth every red cent!!!!

I absolutely love my Tavor now what an amazing difference a great trigger makes

Willis - would love to check out your tavor trigger - maybe we can arrange that when I meet you to pick up the godfather?