Yup, I'm an idiot.

I was showing a friend of mine my carry permit because my photo is hilarious and then the worst thing that could happen, happened. I dropped it and watched it slide through the smallest crack of a metal grate on the sidewalk on Broadway downtown.

Tried to retrieve it to no avail, and I just got the damn thing in the mail yesterday!!!

So, apparently I have to go fill out some form to get a new copy? Am I gonna have to wait yet another crazy long time to get a duplicate? I was furious with myself for being so clumsy. UGH!

Can I get more than one copy?

If it's like the renewal process then you will be able to carry while you wait for it to come in the mail as long as you carry the receipt of the transaction on you're person while carrying. Of course if it's just like getting a duplicate license then you'll walk out with it.. I'll spare you the comments on how you lost it as I'm sure you've heard them all by now.

• Like 1

You can get more than one copy as I was looking into it once. It's pretty cheap (was $6 at the time I think). I left mine in a restaurant six months before it was due for renewal so I had to get a replacement and then a renewal in short order.

Edited by tnguy

:rofl:

We've all been there in some unique way.  ... You've just invited us to enjoy your journey, so chin up; renew that card, and carry on.  ... oh... and mind those cracks and crevices next time - one can never be too careful!      :bowrofl:

• Like 1
Btw, I use to bartend right off of Broadway on 2nd ave. if it makes you feel any better I have seen all sorts of stuff dropped into those grates. I even saw I girl out on her bachelorette party pull her engagement ring off to show someone and... You guessed it, it ened up in the storm drain that she was standing just above. I wish I had recorders that so I could show everyone what true drunken hysteria is.
  • Like 1

We all do stupid stuff at times so don't feel bad.  I was scuba diving one time in the Cayman Islands and had a $500 dive camera. It was the second day of seven dive days and I had about 200 shots I'd taken. I needed to change batteries for the afternoon dive so I open up the waterproof housing and take out the camera standing right beside the bed of the motel room. The floor was tile and YUP....I dropped the camera and YUP it hit the tile floor. Had I been doing this sitting down on the bed like any intelligent person would do, it would have been a no-never-mind....but NO...not me! The door to the battery compartment went flying and the housing to the camera cracked. I dove the last 5 days and saw all kind of great sea life but only came home with about 200 shots from the first two days.

I dropped my MasterCard on the deck  at the ranger station at Frozen Head State Park one night. It went through the crack in the flooring. I crawled into the crawl space under the building to get it, but it was blocked off. Five years later, when they were replacing the wood floorboards they found it and called me.

I don't know how legit it is but I made a photo copy of my permit and DL just in case. I believe it's enough to get an LEO to call in on the radio and find out that you do have a permit. You still legally have a carry permit even though you lost the plastic.

Hahaha, y'all's stories are cracking me up. I don't feel so silly now.

I'm going to take care of it tomorrow and I will be ordering duplicates! Haha

You can order duplicates. But, I figure it's kinda like pissing on an electric fence. You're probably only gonna do it once :)

Oh, I will. I'm at the driver service center right now. :o

Talked to a lady earlier at the Handgun Office at TDOS and she said I will not be issued a receipt that will be acceptable to use as a "temporary" permit. I'll let you know.

I figured you would be SOL until the new permit shows up. At least you can carry in the car.

I figured you would be SOL until the new permit shows up. At least you can carry in the car.

Well, then I just talked to the lady here at the Service Desk and she said I WILL be issued something acceptable to use as long as my permit is valid. :lol:

I don't think anyone knows what's going on. :lol:
Okay, just got finished. It cost 5 bucks and I got a whole lot of laughs from the employees. Haha!

Both people I spoke to said the receipt and copy of the form are enough to continue carrying.

When I spoke to the woman at the handgun unit at TDOS she seemed confused and asked somebody and then relayed to me what that person said. So, I'm gonna go with these fine folks at the service center as they probably deal with this often.