First Class 3 about to happen

So I got my trust setup yesterday (Thank you John Wells).  I am going to setup my trust bank account today to handle transactions to BATFE.  Once I get that setup, I will be able to e-file my Form 1 to sbr my Sig P516 pistol.  Trying to talk my wife into a can for our ARs.  I am really hoping all this 41p mess gets put off a little longer into next year, or indefinitely for that matter....

• Like 1

You do not need a trust bank account.

I have paid for all of mine using a personal account. Getting ready to submit for two more items to go with the one I filed last week.

John recommended it and he's our attorney.  I'll take his word.  Whether its necessary or not, doesn't matter.  

So I got my trust setup yesterday (Thank you John Wells).  I am going to setup my trust bank account today to handle transactions to BATFE.  Once I get that setup, I will be able to e-file my Form 1 to sbr my Sig P516 pistol.  Trying to talk my wife into a can for our ARs.  I am really hoping all this 41p mess gets put off a little longer into next year, or indefinitely for that matter....

As of right now, there is still no date that the official ruling on 41P is going to be announced on.  Some have said February and some have said first quarter.  But its possible that it gets pushed to Q2 or Q3 next year.  They have a ton of comments to go through in addition to the regular work that they have to get done.  I WOULD NOT worry about 41P for now.  

• Like 2
Honestly I am more put off by how difficult the govt is making this process for something that is no more lethal by having this device attached to the end of the muzzle....The reason for the trust is to ease the access of something that should rightly belong to my heirs without being further burdened by the govt....that to me is worth the trouble...

It’s ridiculous that you to pay attorneys and have “trusts” setup to buy a suppressor that should cost $50.

Indeed but it cuts down the wait time dramatically and forgoes the fingerprint/local sheriff song and dance too. If they had an express lane, I'd probably fork out the extra cash too. The wait is what kills me, not the money but then the NFA should be done away with altogether BUT that's neither here nor there.

To the OP, as leftyk82 said(which I believe THEY'RE quoting Indiana Jones OR How I Met Your Mother, which was also quoting The last Crusade...), you've chosen wisely.

Edited by whitewolf001
Thanks. I looked pretty hard a 2 or 3 different cans and felt like I would be happier getting the silencerco.

That was really my main reason for the trust. I work odd hours and am not able to leave work to get finger printed and get signatures on paperwork. It just boggles my mind the logic that would go into making someone wait several months for something like a suppressor. But I finally caved and realized that if I wanted to play, I'd have to pay...
  • 3 months later...
Got my call from the LGS yesterday, my tax stamp came in. Unfortunately they called me at 1530 and close at 1800. I was unable to make the drive to get there before closing time since I was out of pocket. I will pick it up tomorrow and probably have to wait until the weekend to shoot it. I was extremely suprised to get the call since I went pending at the end of October. Almost 3 months to the day.

Anyone else heard of wait times dropping this low? I was actually expecting to wait until closer to March or April...Almost makes me want to get another...

Got my call from the LGS yesterday, my tax stamp came in. Unfortunately they called me at 1530 and close at 1800. I was unable to make the drive to get there before closing time since I was out of pocket. I will pick it up tomorrow and probably have to wait until the weekend to shoot it. I was extremely suprised to get the call since I went pending at the end of October. Almost 3 months to the day.

Anyone else heard of wait times dropping this low? I was actually expecting to wait until closer to March or April...Almost makes me want to get another...

Congrats.  That's the quickest I've heard of.  My last F4 approval was around 4.5 months.  They have been trending downward, but 3 months is fast!

• Like 1

Are your wait times if bought in stock at a local gun shop with no transfer from another retailer or manufacture included?

My wait was an in stock item as well. If you do a form 3 transfer to the dealer first that could be another 2-4 weeks, IIRC...

Nice...guess I will try to stick with the in stock stuff unless there is a bargain I can force myself to wait for...

I tried.  Then Capitol armory ran a special for the Salvo 12 @ $795....couldn't pass it up.  My local dealer's price is $1150 so it was a no brainer.  Oh well, more waiting.