Ruger customer service=awesome!

Just got my Ruger super Redhawk back from Ruger. The hammer was worn and could be pushed forward with your thumb. Ruger fixed the gun, adjusted the barrel gap and headspace, gave me new grips and sent the gun back in a new box. All of this cost be a grand total of 0$. Probably one of the best experiences I've had with any company Edited by lead_chucker
  • Like 5

I have sent them the same Mini 14 three times in the last 2 years (bought in October 2012), each time at no cost to me, for a jamming problem.  Unfortunately, they have not fixed the problem, and now they will be sending me a replacement.  Also, it will take 4 weeks before they have one to send.  So yay to the customer service, but I'm a little worried if the replacement will have the same problem.

They are definitely quick to try to fix the problem (didn't try to yank me around, question if the problem actually existed, etc.), but they just haven't been able to actually fix it.

Just got my Ruger super Redhawk back from Ruger. The hammer was worn and could be pushed forward with your thumb. Ruger fixed the gun, adjusted the barrel gap and headspace, gave me new grips and sent the gun back in a new box. All of this cost be a grand total of 0$. Probably one of the best experiences I've had with any company

Glad to hear it! 

Bought a used LCP that had some feed issues, called them up, told them it was used, they said send it in. They replaced the barrel and it's been great ever since. I had to ship it on my dime ($10 at my local range) but no expense other than that. Very good CS experience for me.

From all I've heard and read most reputable firearm co.'s are pretty good on customer service.

I have sent them the same Mini 14 three times in the last 2 years (bought in October 2012), each time at no cost to me, for a jamming problem.  ..

Well, that's certainly rare, as feeding is one of the Minis strongest suits.  Using factory mags of course right? And didn't futz with the gas port?

- OS

Well, that's certainly rare, as feeding is one of the Minis strongest suits.  Using factory mags of course right? And didn't futz with the gas port?

- OS

5 different factory mags, with brass ammo, and no modifications.  The first time it started having failure to extract issues was approximately 2 months after I bought it.  I got it back the day Sandy Hook happened, so I ended up not shooting it much for the next year.  Just started shooting again in earnest, and I was having a 10% jamming rate (mostly FTE, but a few stovepipes).  Sent it back again (they replaced the bolt a second time), and the jamming rate had decreased to 5%.  Now they are sending me a replacement.  I specifically bought a Mini-14 because of the reputation for reliability.  A Google search turns up several people with 582 series with the same problem.  I hope they have fixed whatever problem has been the newer ones.

So all that means that I'm glad they have good customer service, but I'm wondering if their manufacturing has developed problems.

Edited by dawgdoc
  • Like 1

Only issue I've had that wasn't my own fault, was a 10/22 takedown when they first came out.  I troubleshot it myself and determined the problem to be an out of spec bolt.  Never put calipers on it so not sure how out of spec but putting that bolt in any other receiver would transfer the problem.  

I talked a fella on the phone and told him all of my troubleshooting steps and what I discovered.  He said no need in sending the rifle back, he'd ship me a new bolt and gave me his info in case it didn't work.  I had the new bolt in two days and the rifle ran 100 percent from then on.  I called the guy back and we talked a little while.  Like me, he was a big fan of the 10/22 and had a few.  He said if I ever had any 10/22 or mark series issues to call him first and he would take care of what ever I needed.  

I like Ruger.  But those that know me, know that.