Affordable OTF?

I know, seems like the holy grail of blades but I am curious if there is one. Every single one I come across is almost as much as a gun, heck some even MORE so. I like the Microtech's in the $250 range, I just hate the thought of spending $4-500 on a knife. Yeah, yeah, you get what you pay for. Just hard to justify something in my mind that DOESN'T go bang for that kind of cash but I may suck it up and get me one of them fancy James Bond knives.  :P

My understanding is that it is very hard to get a mechanism with that action that can handle normal knife stress. So, the $250 range is considered the affordable range for an OTF. Get lower and you can pick those up in the novelty shops in Gatlinburg pretty cheap :).Seems to be all or nothing for OTF knives from what I've seen.

Kinda the trend I've also noticed. Argh, it's so fregin hard to talk myself into one! haha I suppose it's more of a neat novelty than anything.

Unless you are a great collector of blades like some un-named persons here...I agree with your comments.

I've been bitten, but after this weekend...I believe the disease is beginning to recede.

Bought a Microtech Troodon, and some other stuff. Looked at a lot of knives. :stunned:  :stunned: :stunned:  

Like the Troodon quite a bit  and the Dark Angel willis mentions looks very good, but I think after the Godfather, I'm going to hold off on this new "drug".

It is more costly than guns, without a doubt.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.