My Grail Guitar,

willis68

I have been wanting one of these for several years, I was lucky enough to be working with a Guy who's brother  has around 30 Les Paul customs and needed some fast cash for an ugly divorce, so I got a fantastic deal on this that I just could not pass on, It is still at his home in Spain but when I figure the best way for him to ship it to me, it will be in my home, I may just get a glass case made for it and hang it on a wall (or learn to play it)

IMG-20141017-WA0000_zpsf377222d.jpgIMG-20141017-WA0003_zps036ff4cb.jpgIMG-20141017-WA0002_zps9d07d494.jpg

Edited by willis68
  • Like 6
Wrongle toggle switch and no washer, wrong tuning keys, wrong thickness neck pickup ring, wrong truss rod cover, wrong peghead face picture, wrong placement of toggle, a little bit mis-shapen body, not the proper grain and grade top, wrong case... probably some more if we had more pictures.

It doesn't necessarily mean it can't be a good playing and good sounding guitar, but that's not a Gibson.
  • Like 3
Real one should have an ebony board, not rosewood. The toggle switch is not correctly aligned in relation with the fret board. The binding in the neck should have nibs. The nut at the neck is the wrong style, size, and shape. The inlays should be mother of toilet seat (pearloid plastic.) the pickups appear to have flat pole pieces while the real Ace would have come with Dimarzios which use an Allen head topped pole piece. The body shape does appear off, though that might actually be an illusion due to the toggle placement, but maybe not. The case is suspect as it should have come with purple lining and as pointed out doesn't quite hug the body right. I'd like to be able to take a few other other measurements on it vs a real Les Paul, but the above is enough to call it.

That's all I could pick into last night with the resolution on the phone, but any one if them would make it suspect, all of them and it just is what it is. A fake.
  • Like 1

Wrongle toggle switch and no washer, wrong tuning keys, wrong thickness neck pickup ring, wrong truss rod cover, wrong peghead face picture, wrong placement of toggle, a little bit mis-shapen body, not the proper grain and grade top, wrong case... probably some more if we had more pictures.

Other than that it sounds like it's a genuine Gibson. :)
You are way to young to know that line! lol

I'm with the others, I didn't understand the post from willis and wondered what was wrong about it.

What I know about guitars could be printed in block letters on a small pick and have room left over for the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
  • Like 1