Meet the red headed stepchild

KKing

For the longest time I've wanted to build a gun to truly just beat the snot out of. Finally I had enough leftover parts that all I really needed was a barrel. PSA had these stainless barrels on sale a couple weeks back for $75 so I snatched it up and I finally have my beater I've always wanted. It consists of a Anderson slick side upper, Anderson lower with PSA parts, and a ebay free float that I like surprisingly well. I'll eventually swap the sights to fixed irons because it will be a iron sight gun forever. I'll also switch the stock out eventually as well but for right now I'm just enjoying it. I plan to run it without cleaning until it absolutely fails and document the round count so that might be interesting.
ge7y5a2e.jpg

Edited by KKing
  • Like 5

I am taking the "Red headed step child beat the snot out of" thing a bit bad just right now, to make up for it

you should send me the rifle to "Let this Red head" beat the snot out of it. :cool: :wave:

Nice looking truck gun, please let us know that round count.

• Like 1

I am taking the "Red headed step child beat the snot out of" thing a bit bad

It's funny you say that. I was going to name it Becky. A friend of mines wife's real name is Becky, and she truly is a red headed step child. She hates her first name and only goes by Allyson, and my buddy loves to call her Becky to pick with her. I don't really name guns though.

If anyone has any "torture tests" they've wanted to try, I'll be glad to try them out (within reason). I won't go filling the barrel full of peanut butter and pulling the trigger or anything.
  • Authorized Vendor

Nice......very nice. You'll have a lot of fun having a beater as well. There's a certain amount of freedom knowing you can shoot the snot out of it and drop it in the corner and forget about it when you get home. :lol: Good luck with it. :up:

• Like 1

I tried to get a couple closer pictures. All the round holes you see are threaded and it comes with 3 or 4 rails of different lengths. It's very smooth and it's very small in diameter. My Kies adjustable has block JUST does fit. It comes with its own barrel nut that has 2 grooves in it, the set screws you see go in those grooves. A little blue locktite and I think it's a very decent attachment method. Pay no attention if it appears my screws aren't tightened, I've been taking the handguard on and off adjusting the gas block.
umu5yde2.jpg
veha8ehy.jpg

nice looking parts gun.  i did one last year from parts that i had left over from several builds and from parts that i got over the years.  well, it has turned out to be one of my best rifle that i have made.  it rides on the floor board in the truck, get kicked around, shot a lots, clean very little,  about the only thing that get oil is the 'bcg".  but it keep on shooting.  

• Like 1

I tried to get a couple closer pictures. All the round holes you see are threaded and it comes with 3 or 4 rails of different lengths. It's very smooth and it's very small in diameter. My Kies adjustable has block JUST does fit. It comes with its own barrel nut that has 2 grooves in it, the set screws you see go in those grooves. A little blue locktite and I think it's a very decent attachment method. Pay no attention if it appears my screws aren't tightened, I've been taking the handguard on and off adjusting the gas block. umu5yde2.jpgveha8ehy.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Looks really good. Is this the one you ordered?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/free-float-handguard

Yes sir it is. So far my only complaint is the finish is just a smidge more shiny than the receivers

So first it is a Red headed step child you were gona beat the snot out of and now you talk bad about the finish.

JUST NO MAKING YOU HAPPY IS IT. :rofl:

• Like 1

So first it is a Red headed step child you were gona beat the snot out of and now you talk bad about the finish.
JUST NO MAKING YOU HAPPY IS IT. :rofl:

Lol I guess you're right. I just meant for those inquiring about using it on their non red headed children :up:
  • Like 2

So, are you gonna roll it down a gravel pit just to give it a battle-worn look? :cool:

In all seriousness, if you wanna put it through some grief, run nothing but the filthiest, least reputable import ammo you can find. THEN you know if it's worthy.

So, are you gonna roll it down a gravel pit just to give it a battle-worn look? :cool:

In all seriousness, if you wanna put it through some grief, run nothing but the filthiest, least reputable import ammo you can find. THEN you know if it's worthy.

No way, all of its scars will come from truly being used. I haven't really decided what I'll run through it, I've gotten away from shooting wolf and Tula simply because of the barrel wear, but they may be just the ticket for this gun
  • 2 months later...
Well gents, the older I get the more I realize I may truly have a touch of OCD. House has to be clean, things in their place, otherwise my world ain't right, etc. I'm at about 425 rounds into this "no clean gun, never" deal and I'm fighting a big urge to clean it!

I know it's nothing for folks to go over 500 rounds without cleaning. I hope to at least get to 1,200 rounds without malfunctions Edited by KKing