Shotgun scabbards

Molle type shotgun scabbards.

Cool gear or mall ninja queer?

I have tried half a dozen different slings on my Weatherby PA-08 Threat Response 12g pump. They all get in the way. No guessing to it, I'm assbackward and clumsy. I was looking at these shotgun scabbards as an alternative to running a sling.

Honest opinions? ......humph, like I have to actually ASK for TGO'ers to give an uncensored opinion on anything!

Love them. Used them all the time as they make for a very useful and yet minimal way to carry, store, and transport a shotgun. Much prefer them over a normal gun case. Plus you can attach them to a backpack or just about anything else for transportation.

I've got one for my defense shotgun and I like it. Like Smith said can be used alone or with backpack. I'm sure with a little effort and thought it could be adapted to a wide array of mounting needs. I like the jeep idea too.

Well, for $24 at my local outfitter (right here in my home town) I had to try it, so I bought one this afternoon. I believe it'll take a bit of tinkering to make it "MINE" but it fits like a glove. Very snug but pulling it out is a breeze.
I keep my HD shotgun in one slung over the post of my bed. I have a couple of pouches attached to the molle to hold some extra shells, knife, flashlight, etc. Keeps all that stuff all in one place.

So my vote is for "cool gear". My wife rolls her eyes about it, but we'll see who the mall ninja queer is when she's hiding behind me and my scabbard when something goes bump in the night.
  • Like 3

I'm getting one in the very near future after a lot of looking and thinking...

Mall Ninja tacti-cool - yep, makes me want a Jeep with no doors like in the Rat Patrol.

Infinitely practical - absolutely! Minimalist, easy access, keep your shot gun specific accessories / tools / extra ammo all in one package and easy to transport...I'm in.

Solid dark color for urban tacti-cool, camo for rural.

• Authorized Vendor

Well, for $24 at my local outfitter (right here in my home town) I had to try it, so I bought one this afternoon. I believe it'll take a bit of tinkering to make it "MINE" but it fits like a glove. Very snug but pulling it out is a breeze.

It didn't happen if there's no pics........just sayin'. :D

• Like 1

Love them. Used them all the time as they make for a very useful and yet minimal way to carry, store, and transport a shotgun. Much prefer them over a normal gun case. Plus you can attach them to a backpack or just about anything else for transportation.

Although I don't have a dog in this fight, I can say that the molle style scabbard is the preferred style of carry for a family member of mine.
I have a bayonet for my Mossy 590! Don't ask me why, but it is the perfect accessory for a Mall Ninja! I've looked at a buying a shotgun scabbard. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet. Edited by Moped

I still need to add one small pouch next to my knife. The main pouch houses two (10 rnd) boxes of Hornady Heavy Magnum Coyote 3" 00 buckshot, two (5 rnd) boxes of Remington Slugger & (10) rounds of Remington Express #6 shot.
The small pouch will have water/wind proof matches in a plastic tube and a few other tiny accoutrements. If there's room, I would like to add a small Otis kit (btw, if one of you guys have an empty BLACK Otis pouch, pm me!). Maybe not if it's clumsy and gaudy looking. I don't wanna monkey it up with too much crap.

I removed the lousy 1 inch wide strap and replaced it with a spare strap from a backpack. Notice the curve of the strap? The back back straps were curved and the one swept in the proper direction is VERY comfortable. There's also room for a multi tool on the shoulder strap. Coming soon :up: Need a bandolier of 25 shells draped next to it too.

It should make for a great "grab and get diggin'" set up with my Weatherby tucked in.

IMG_0137_zps95aae463.jpg

IMG_0138_zpsdf49f394.jpg

IMG_0139_zpsf32d16e2.jpg

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1