Papa Johns this weekend!!

bersaguy

On 1 weekend a month I will usually order in and get something delivered so I don't have to cook and this week I think I will be ordering a Papa Johns pizza. I normally order Pizza Hut or Dominoes because they are both less then 5 minutes away and if I do pick up it's close by. I have no clue were Papa Johns is located at here but I know we have one cause I have seen their cars running around. I will also have it delivered and make sure I tip the driver. The owner of that company really gained a lot my respect when he did what he did last weekend...................jmho

• Like 4
Just read that story. I'm glad he Showed kindness to the victims family. Very noble thing to do despite the horrible event.
Not trying to Jack the post but a friend of mine died while working for Gibson guitar. His ashes sat at a U.S. Post office with his family in turmoil. He died while at work for them.

On 1 weekend a month I will usually order in and get something delivered so I don't have to cook and this week I think I will be ordering a Papa Johns pizza. I normally order Pizza Hut or Dominoes because they are both less then 5 minutes away and if I do pick up it's close by. I have no clue were Papa Johns is located at here but I know we have one cause I have seen their cars running around. I will also have it delivered and make sure I tip the driver. The owner of that company really gained a lot my respect when he did what he did last weekend...................jmho

We order from Papa Johns quite a bit. I like their pizzas better than the others and they are always hot. Of course I'm sure this chain has a different owner, but good pizza just the same. It was a noble thing the owner did for the victims family. I think you are doing a very good thing also. :up:

I just read where it was the CEO of the Papa Johns chain that visited and paid off all the funeral bills. I thought it was the owner of that store. Papa Johns had been our favorite for a long time and will continue to be our favorite. Not many CEO's would have done this IMO.

Edited by Randall53
  • Like 1

Well, this will be my first Papa Johns Pizza but you can bet it won't be my last if it is as good as some folks say they are that I have ask. A lot of it will depend on how it is when I eat it cold out of fridge the next morning.........I dearly love cold pizza and coffee in the morning. When I read that the CEO of Papa Johns was there and they showed pictures of him that sold me for sure. I'm sure that probably 90% of the Papa Johns Pizza Stores are franchise own and the one where the young man died is probably a franchise store. So for the CEO of such a large Corporation to show that kind of feeling towards a young man and employee and his family was just over the top for me.

I wish there was some way we could all get together across the unity of TGO'ers and all order a pizza at the same time and let them know that we care about  CEO Papa John and have great admiration for his stepping up to the plate for the family and being there for them. Do you think this could be done and could we get it organized quick enough? Other wise just make sure it's a Papa Johns weekend at your house on Saturday or Sunday............................ :up:  :up:  :up:   

• Like 3

Ill fire off a notice to their corp office advising them  TGO members will be ordering on friday night between 3 pm and midnite to honor their fallen employee, and to say thank you for being an exemplary american ceo,by comitting such a noble act honoring his employee. am on it

• Like 6

Ill fire off a notice to their corp office advising them  TGO members will be ordering on friday night between 3 pm and midnite to honor their fallen employee, and to say thank you for being an exemplary american ceo,by comitting such a noble act honoring his employee. am on it

Make sure you tell them how many members we have an that we hope to get as many ordering as possible on Friday or over this next weekend but Friday will be main ordering evening and that is a great idea Dusty........................ :up: :up: :up:

Just got off the phone w PJ corporate, and advised them, as mentioned above,that there's over 20K members that belong to a group call TN Gun Owners,This group holds american core values, and embrace the fact that John Schnatter took time from his schedule, to pay respect to the family of their employee, as well as the employee victim who was senselessly murdered. I advised we didn't want anything free or special, we just wanted to let them know that this Friday between 3 pm and midnite we would order food from Papa Johns as our way of saying thanks for maintaining true values that we honor and respect.

PJ reminded me that halloween is a busy day and to order early. He also advised he would make sure that Papa John himself knows of our intended act of thanks, and thanked the group in advance.

XL pepperoni mushroom and onion w a cookie for dinner on friday !

If you dont order show up on a strecher,or bring a copy of your doctors note!

• Like 6

:wave: Yep, I will be getting a large loaded and a Cookie...................Those cookies are great!!! I has a slice of one at a friends house. There goes my new diet started a week ago.................. :up: :up: We are committed so lets make sure we show up..................... :rock: :rock:

Edited by bersaguy
  • Like 1

This is cool and all but isn't it PJ Corp policy that employee's not be armed? Having a hard to jumping on that bandwagon.

Well maybe we can change that huh? You can bet they may be looking at it in PJ Corporate right now. Litttle nudge might help....... :up:

• Like 2

My how soon you guys forget: [
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/local-news/armed-pizza-delivery-man-shoots-would-be-robber

I intend to never give them another dime

That is your decision and I respect it. I went and read that entire story in that link and then went and looked for a police statement and there was never a complaint filed evidently because there is not police report for an armed robbery of a Papa Johns Pizza Driver. I also went and read many of the comments about it and some said it was an inside job and others took the same outlook as you. I  will be buying a Papa Johns Pizza on Friday night because I trust what took place last weekend a lot more than a bunch of hearsay from an angry former employee that is alive and breathing......................jmho

• Like 1

Anyone delivering food for cash should be armed, we had a jets pizza guy defend himself a few years ago. The Jets driver won...

Of course these days more than any time in history when a person goes to a strangers house to deliver food and there is going to be a cash transaction that person some be armed. The worry is not the person receiving the food that is the risk. It's who the person my be confronted by to and from the location or those that may walk through the door of the store with a gun in hand such as last week....................jmho

That is your decision and I respect it. I went and read that entire story in that link and then went and looked for a police statement and there was never a complaint filed evidently because there is not police report for an armed robbery of a Papa Johns Pizza Driver. I also went and read many of the comments about it and some said it was an inside job and others took the same outlook as you. I  will be buying a Papa Johns Pizza on Friday night because I trust what took place last weekend a lot more than a bunch of hearsay from an angry former employee that is alive and breathing......................jmho

At this point this is a non starter for me. Unless there is another PJ close to Mount Juliet that does not treat those that chose to defend them selves with disdain. I remember addressing the gun buster sign at the one in MJ he made it very clear that firearms were not welcome in his store under any circumstances period.